With an increase in the number of vehicles on the road, the traffic conditions are deteriorating and road accidents are becoming very common. These accidents damage the vehicle you are commuting in. The repair costs due to damages, along with the replacement costs of spare parts, is very high. It is, therefore, advised to have an insurance policy to cover the same. The Motor Vehicle Act of 1988 also makes it mandatory to buy a car insurance policy before taking the wheels on the road.
The car insurance claim procedure for making a claim is very straightforward just like buying a car insurance policy.
Here are 3 simple steps for you to follow while filing a car insurance claim:
1. Register your claim with your insurance provider and keep the details like policy number, engine chassis number, accident date and time, handy.
2. Drive your car to the nearest garage for repair, or have it towed depending on the severity of the damages.
3. Submit the copy of all the important documents to the garage, so that they can receive the amount from the insurer according to the criteria mentioned in your policy document.
Here are top 10 tips that will be useful while filing a successful car insurance claim:
1. Inform your insurance company about the car accident as soon as possible.
2. Inform the police in case of accident or theft. Keep the copy of FIR with you for claim processing.
3. Keep the following details at your disposal when you contact your insurer (online/offline):
4. Fill out the claim forms carefully. Take the help of insurer's executives and furnish correct and adequate information about the incident.
5. Click pictures or make a video of the accident spot which may help the police and the insurers in their investigation.
6. Let the insurance company investigate the cause of accident on their end. Do not interrupt their survey as it may mislead their analysis.
7. Never blow things out of proportion when reporting the incident. Stick to the facts and be explicit.
8. Follow up with the insurance company regularly and update yourself with the proceedings of the claim process.
9. Be honest about the incident. The Insurance company will reject your claim if they find out that the claim is fraudulent.
10. Some insurance companies also have instant car insurance claim procedures. For instance Bajaj Allianz's Motor OTS feature lets you settle claims up to INR 30000 on the spot. Use features like these when there is a minor damage to the car.
Keep in mind the above pointers when you are filing motor insurance claim. Bajaj Allianz offers wide range of features and the best car insurance policies and easy car insurance claim procedures for quick settlement. Visit the website to find more details.
I hereby authorize Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd. to call me on the contact number made available by me on the website with a specific request to call back at a convenient time. I further declare that, irrespective of my contact number being registered on National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) under either Fully or Partially Blocked category, any call made or SMS sent in response to my request shall not be construed as an Unsolicited Commercial Communication even though the content of the call may be for the purposes of explaining various insurance products and services or solicitation and procurement of insurance business. Furthermore, I understand that these calls will be recorded & monitored for quality & training purposes, and may be made available to me if required.
Please enter valid quote reference ID