Securing your precious bike from any untoward mishaps has become quite easy and simple via online modes. With just a click you can purchase two-wheeler insurance online from the comforts of your home. But did you know that you could check bike insurance policy
online for its validity? Be it the details of your plan, the status of your policy or the renewal date, you can access all this with a few steps. So, here are some effortless methods to help you with two wheeler insurance checks.
Check Bike Insurance Online Through Insurer
Bike Insurance Online Check Via Insurance Information Bureau (IIB)
- You can check the status of your bike insurance through your insurance provider by visiting their official website.
- The customer care can also be contacted to know the status of your plan via call or email
- You may also contact the insurer’s nearest branch and connect with the right person to provide you the information
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has an online repository of insurance data called as Insurance Information Bureau (IIB). You can easily check the details of your vehicle through this web portal. Follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official IIB web portal (https://nonlife.iib.gov.in/IIB/PublicSearch.jsp)
- Input all mandatory details such as name, email ID, mobile number, address, registration number, and accident date
- Enter the captcha shown in the image
- The details of your two-wheeler insurance policy will appear or information regarding the previous policy will be visible
- If you still cannot view any information, then you can try entering the chassis and engine number of your vehicle.
While using the IIB portal, there are some things you need to keep in mind such as:
Two-Wheeler Insurance Online Check Via VAHAN e-Services
- It takes up to two months for your policy details to be available on the IIB portal after submission by the insurer. Thus, you cannot check the status immediately on the website
- The vehicle engine and chassis number are submitted by the insurer only if your vehicle is new
- The data on the portal are the details provided by the insurer and available from 1 April 2010
- You can search for a maximum of three times for a specific email ID and mobile number on the website
- In case you cannot obtain the details, it is advised to visit the RTO to know further information
In case the method involving Insurance Information Bureau doesn’t work for you, then you can try through VAHAN e-services. Follow these simple steps:
Offline Two-Wheeler Insurance Check Via RTO
- Visit the official VAHAN e-services website and click on ‘Know your Vehicle Details’ option in the top menu
- Input your vehicle registration number and the verification code
- Click ‘Search Vehicle’ to get all the required information on your screen
- Your two-wheeler insurance policy details can be easily accessed this way
The status of your bike insurance can also be checked through RTO. This can be done by visiting your district’s Regional Transport Officer (RTO) that has registered your bike. By providing the registration number of your two-wheeler, you can obtain the details of your bike insurance plan.
With this, you can check the status of your bike insurance and view information regarding the policy without any trouble. By choosing any of the above-mentioned online methods, insurance details are available at your fingertips. Use these methods to track your policy at regular intervals and undertake timely two wheeler insurance renewal
to enjoy continued coverage.