Thank you for visiting our website.
For any assistance please call on 1800-209-0144
Respect Senior Care Rider: 9152007550 (Missed call)
Sales: 1800-209-0144 Service Chat: +91 75072 45858
Thank you for visiting our website.
For any assistance please call on 1800-209-0144
Crops Covered Under PMFBY
The Actuarial Premium Rate (APR) is charged under PMFBY. This rate is applied on the Sum Insured. The maximum premium rate payable by the farmers under this scheme is determined using the following table:
|Season||Crops||Maximum insurance charges payable by farmer|
|Kharif||All food grains and oilseed crops||2% of Sum Insured|
|Rabi||All food grains and oilseed crops||1.5% of Sum Insured|
|Kharif and Rabi||Annual Commercial / Annual Horticultural crops
Perennial Horticultural Crops (Pilot Basis)
|5% of Sum Insured|
Note: Remaining premium will be paid equally by the State and Central Government.
The claim process for Pradhan Mantri Bima Yojana with us, at Bajaj Allianz, is quick and easy.
There is no need for the insured farmer to intimate the insurance company losses due to prevented sowing, as this will be a widespread calamity and assessment is based on area approach. This benefit is triggered when majority of farmers are unable to sow their crop because of weather conditions. The details are as below:
This cover pays for the shortage in yield of the insured crop compared to Threshold Yield (TY) on area approach.
This cover is to provide immediate relief to farmers in case of any widespread calamity or adverse season, wherein the expected yield during the season is likely to be less than 50% of normal yield.
For the current year we are implementing the PMFBY in the states of Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu. We are also implementing Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme for Horticulture crops in the State of Chhattisgarh.
Click here for list states and districts services by us for Kharif and Rabi 2022.
|Year||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022||Number of Applications Processed|
CLAIMS SETTLEMENT SUMMARY AS ON DATE : 30TH JUNE 2021
||Claims Paid (In Crore Rs.)|
MH RB 19 – Claims :Click here
Level 1: You may reach to us using our Farmitra Mobile App or can call us on 1800-209-5959
Level 2: E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3: Grievance Officer: It is our constant endeavor to resolve customer's concerns promptly. In case you are not satisfied with the response given to you by our team, you may write to our Grievance Redressal Officer Mr. Jerome Vincent at email@example.com
Level 4: If in case, your grievance is not resolved and you wish to talk to our care specialist, please give a missed on +91 80809 45060 OR SMS <WORRY>To 575758 and our care specialist will call you back
Please allow our service network sufficient time to work on your concern. We believe in ‘Caringly Yours’ and we assure you that every employee of this company stands firmly with this promise.
If after having followed level 1, 2, 3 and 4 your issue remains unresolved, you may approach the Insurance Ombudsman for Redressal. Kindly find your nearest Ombudsman office at https://www.cioins.co.in/Ombudsman
Click here for details of our District Officers.
Click here to get details for your nearest Agri Insurance Office.
Insurance is a tool to protect you and your assets against a small probability of a large unexpected loss. Insurance is not to make money but to help compensate an individual or business for unexpected losses that might otherwise cause a financial disaster. It is a technique of providing people a means to transfer and share risk where losses suffered by few are met from the funds accumulated through small contributions made by many who are exposed to similar risks.
Crop insurance is an arrangement aimed at mitigating the financial losses suffered by the farmers due to damage and destruction of their crops resulting from various production risks.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) aims at supporting sustainable production in agriculture sector through insuring their crop production at predefined level for specific Insurance Unit.
Weather Based Crop Insurance aims to mitigate the hardship of the insured farmers for financial loss in account of anticipated crop loss resulting from incidence of adverse weather conditions like rainfall, temperature, frost, humidity, wind speed, cyclone etc.
It covers major crops of the specific insurance unit e.g.
a. Food crops includes Cereals, Millets and Pulses,
b. Oilseeds and c. Annual Commercial/Horticultural crops etc.
All the farmers including sharecroppers and tenant farmers growing the notified crops in the notified areas are eligible for coverage.
The District Level Technical committee based on the Scale of the Finance or Average Yield of the respective crop over the past years and the Minimum Support Price of the crop determines the sum insured.
It depends on the crop lifecycle and respective State Government’s notification.
The Actuarial Premium Rate (APR) would be charged under PMFBY by implementing agency (IA). The rate of Insurance Charges payable by the farmer will be as per the following table:
|Season||Crops||Maximum Insurance charges payable by farmer Premium Rates (% of Sum Insured)|
|Kharif||All food grain and Oilseed crops (Cereals, Millets, Pulses and Oilseeds)||2.0%|
|Rabi||All food grain and Oilseed crops (Cereals, Millets, Pulses and Oilseeds)||1.5%|
|Kharif and Rabi||Annual Commercial / Annual Horticultural crops||5%|
Risks Covered under PMFBY scheme:
Basic Cover: The basic cover under the scheme covers the risk of loss of yield to standing crop (sowing to harvesting).This comprehensive risk insurance is provided to cover yield losses on an area based approach basis due to non-preventable risks like drought, dry spells, flood, inundation, wide spread pest and disease attack, landslides, natural fire due to lightening, storm, hailstorm, and cyclone.
Add-On Coverage: Apart from the mandatory basic cover, the State Governments/UTs, in consultation with the State Level Coordination Committee on Crop Insurance (SLCCCI) may choose any or all of the following add-on covers based on the need of the specific crop/area in their State to cover the following stages of the crop and risks leading to crop loss:-
● Prevented Sowing/Planting/Germination Risk: Insured area is prevented from sowing/planting/germination due to deficit rainfall or adverse seasonal/climatic conditions.
● Mid-Season Adversity: Loss in case of adverse seasonal conditions during the crop season viz. floods, prolonged dry spells and severe drought etc., wherein expected yield during the season is likely to be less than 50% of the normal yield. This add-on coverage facilitates the provision for immediate relief to insured farmers in case of occurrence of such risks.
● Post-Harvest Losses: Coverage is available only up to a maximum period of two weeks from harvesting, for those crops which are required to be dried in cut and spread / small bundled condition depending on requirement of the crops in that area, in the field after harvesting against specific perils of hailstorm, cyclone, cyclonic rains and unseasonal rains.
● Localized Calamities: Loss/damage to notified insured crops resulting from occurrence of identified localized risks of hailstorm, landslide, inundation, cloudburst and natural fire due to lightening affecting isolated farms in the notified area.
Non-loanee farmers can enrol in the PMFBY scheme by filling out the application form of the scheme and submitting it to any of the following before the due date:
● The nearest bank branch
● Common Service Centre (CSC’s)
● Authorized channel partner
● Insurance intermediary of the insurance company Alternatively, farmers can go individually to the National Crop Insurance Portal www.pmfby.com on before the due date and fill up the online application form.
Non-loanee farmers need to submit following documents for their participation in the scheme:-
1. Land Ownership Documents – (Records of Right (RoR), Land Possession Certificate (LPC) etc.
2. Aadhar Card
3. Bank passbook (It must have clear farmer’s name, Account number/IFSC code )
4. Crop Sowing Certificate (If mandatory in State Government’s notification) For tenant farmers Land Ownership proof /contract document or any other document defined by the concerned State Government.
Yes, Farmitra app provides this feature of account correction if there is account detail mismatch in the PMFBY policy.
Loanee farmers can make changes in the insured crops two days before the last date of enrolment fixed by the respective state government.
For making those changes, farmer can visit the concerned bank branch and provide the required information.
It is mandatory to inform about crop loss within 72 hours of the calamity through any of the following medium.
● Toll free number 1800-209-5959
● Farmitra- Caringly yours app
● Crop insurance app
● NCIP portal
● Nearest Insurance company office/branch
● Nearest Bank branch /Agriculture department (In written format)
To know more about the scheme or for enrolment before the last date please contact to nearest Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Office/Bank Branch/Co-operative Society/CSC centre. For any queries, you may reach us using our Toll free number-18002095959 or Farmitra- Caringly Yours Mobile App or E Mail- firstname.lastname@example.org or Website – www.bajajallianz.com Farmitra- Agri Services at your fingertips Key Features:
● App in vernacular language
● Get Crop Insurance Policy and Claim details
● Crop Advisory and Market Price on single click
● Weather forecast update
● Other information like to raise PMFBY related queries, Intimate Claims, Check Claim Status FARMITRA APP- You can now raise queries, intimate claims (Localized calamities & Post harvest losses) and can check claim status. Download the FARMITRA Caringly Yours App through the Play Store or Scan here.
Written By : Bajaj Allianz - Updated: 1st February 2023
I hereby authorize Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd. to call me on the contact number made available by me on the website with a specific request to call back at a convenient time. I further declare that, irrespective of my contact number being registered on National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) under either Fully or Partially Blocked category, any call made or SMS sent in response to my request shall not be construed as an Unsolicited Commercial Communication even though the content of the call may be for the purposes of explaining various insurance products and services or solicitation and procurement of insurance business. Furthermore, I understand that these calls will be recorded & monitored for quality & training purposes, and may be made available to me if required.
Please enter valid quote reference ID