Having a two wheeler insurance policy is mandatory in India. A valid third party liability insurance is compulsory for you to be able to take your vehicle out on the road. A comprehensive two wheeler policy is not mandatory to buy, but it is very imperative as the number of road accidents have increased drastically in the recent years.
It is very important that you have a valid insurance policy for your two wheeler and you always renew your two wheeler insurance on time. Your renewal should be done before the expiry date. Besides being on the wrong side of the law, you can also lose the renewal benefits, if you do not renew your bike insurance in time.
Insurance companies send constant reminders to their customers and remind them about the expiry of their insurance policy. Many a times, insurance company executives or their agents contact you in person, either by telephonic reminder or by sending a renewal notice to your correspondence address, before the expiry of your policy.
We recommend that you take these reminders seriously, so that you can have a timely and hassle-free renewal process.
Know how two wheeler insurance policy renewal works.
You can renew your two wheeler insurance online by, visiting Bajaj Allianz's official website. Here are some instructions that you should keep in mind when you want to renew your bike insurance policy:
- Visit our website for bike insurance renewal
- Click on the renewal tab (if you are our existing customer, select - Renew Bajaj Allianz policy, else select other company renewal tab).
- Enter your basic information and the details of your two wheeler such as your bike's registration number, its make, model etc.
- Choose the suitable add-on covers for your two wheeler and proceed to make the payment.
- Remember to re-check all the details entered before making the payment.
- Adjust the IDV as per your requirements and proceed to pay the premium amount, which will be displayed on the screen.
- You can pay the amount via debit/credit card or net banking as per your convenience.
If you do wish to renew your two wheeler insurance offline, you can call us on our Toll Free number - 1800-209-0144 or send an SMS "RenewGen" to 9773500500 . Our executives will guide you and assist you to renew your policy immediately. You can also get in touch with your insurance agent/your intermediary or visit your nearest Bajaj Allianz General Insurance branch for getting your policy renewed.
Our customer checklist for motor insurance renewal process can provide you more details quickly when you want to renew your two wheeler insurance policy.
While it is important to get your policy renewed before it lapses, you can also look into two wheeler insurance online renewal after expiry, but it has certain drawbacks. If you renew two wheeler insurance post expiry, you will not only face legal troubles, but also increases the risk of unforeseen expenditure in case of an accident. To avoid further expenses, keep a tab of your premium by using two wheeler insurance premium calculator.