A third party bike insurance is a mandatory insurance which has to be purchased by every two wheeler owner. This has been mandated by Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. It covers the loss, injury, damage and other liability caused to a third party vehicle or property resulting from your two wheeler. . For quick purchase, you can simply buy two wheeler insurance online to secure yourself from legal implications and well as coverage immediately
A comprehensive bike insurance policy includes compensation for own damage as well as third party. Thus it covers you, your assets as well as the third party in case of any unfortunate event like a road accident.
The third party, beneficiary, in this case, has to claim the third party insurance against the vehicle which has caused the accident. The claim process, in case you need to make a third party bike insurance online claim usually has the following steps:
1. Contact the police and lodge an FIR
2. Register your claim with the insurance company
3. Send your vehicle for repair
4. Submit the copy of documents to the garage/dealer and get it verified with the originals
5. Register a case with the tribunal court which has the power to make legal decisions and judgements in the area where accident has occurred
Here are some pointers that you can keep in mind during the 3rd party bike insurance online claim process of
1. Never flee from the accident spot. It is understandable that an accident comes as a shock but take your time, gather yourself and try to stay calm.
2. Never forget to take police assistance and report the accident. Always remember to file an FIR to simplify the claim process.
3. Never settle the claim without police involvement as it could result in illegal activities.
4. Do not forget to inform your insurance company, as soon as possible. Many insurance companies may have a fixed claim intimation period from the time of accident, so make sure to read the policy document carefully.
5. Try to collect evidence such as the two wheeler number, driver's identity etc. from the accident spot. Collect video/photographic evidence to capture minute details of the accident and share the same with the police while filing an FIR.
6. Never forget to ask for insurance details of other individual involved in the accident.
7. Register your motor insurance claim with the insurance company backing it up with all the documents such as claim form duly filled and signed, proof of insurance, FIR copy, Copy of Motor Driving License of the person driving the vehicle at the time, Repair Bills, communication details with insurance company etc.
Never panic and always stay calm during the complete insurance claim process, which could take time to complete. Avoid the above mentioned mistakes and you will be sorted to third party bike insurance online claims. . It is imperative to have a valid insurance policy that has not lapsed. In case your policy has expired, you can simply renew your two wheeler insurance. Visit the Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website and be prepared in case of any unfortunate two wheeler accident.
Leave a Reply