We all love the companionship and warmth that our furry friends give us. The presence of those paws at home makes life so comforting. Becoming a pet parent may sound fancy, however; it comes along with a set of responsibilities that needs to be taken care of daily.
Taking care of the woofy friend is as arduous as taking care of the child. Let us delve into understanding the responsibilities that every pet parent should be aware of.
Key Responsibilities of a Pet Parent
Here’s a brief rundown of the top responsibilities of the pet parent that should not be missed at any cost:
*Standard T&C apply
- Spend Quality Time Without a Fail: Spending time with your PAWfect friend will only strengthen the bond. Your furry friend needs attention every once in a while So, ensure that you schedule a time wherein you spend your time with your pet dog. Being a busy pet parent will not work well with your dog.
- Take Them For Walk: Regardless of your busy schedule, take your pet out in the morning and evening for walks. Besides, try and identify a time wherein you can play with your furry friend. Often a pet dog needs more playtime apart from the regular walk routine. It is also essential for the overall growth of the pet.
- Keep Them at Secured Place: Your pet dog relies completely on you to keep them protected. Ensure that you keep hazardous materials or things out of their reach. Moreover, give your dog a comforting and safe environment. Dogs have a habit of licking, hence, be cautious with harmful chemicals, and keep them in an enclosed area or where they can't reach.
- Provide Training: Start giving training to the dogs. Leaving them untrained will only result in untoward mishaps. Moreover, they will create a ruckus at the home. The pet dog needs to be well-trained so that any sort of anxiety or fear wears off its personality.
- Take Care of the Meals: Do not give your pet dog the regular meal that you eat. Instead provide them with a healthy diet that supports their immune system enabling them to grow in the right proportions. If required, you may consult a veterinary to understand what dog food is ideal for the particular breed.
- Buy a Pet Dog Insurance: As a pet parent, you wish to provide the best care possible. With a pet dog insurance policy, you can give the ideal medical attention while not worrying about the expenses.
Dos and Don’ts to Maintain Your Pet Dog’s Health
The table below shows the dos and don’ts for your furry friend’s health:
|Provide two dishes, one that contains water and the other has the food
||Never feed your pet dog with excessive treats
|Give only pet food that fulfills nutritional needs
||Keep your pet away from hazardous chemical or heat-absorbing surfaces
|Ensure that the bowls are cleaned daily
||Do not overfeed the pet dog
|Keep the pet hydrated
||Do not leave your dog unattended for long
|Have a handy first-aid kit ready at home after consulting a veterinary
||Do not skip veterinary visits
|Engage them in regular physical activity
Your pet dog loves you unconditionally. Do not forget to pet them by ear and rub their bellies. Get them vaccinated timely and maintain their hygiene.
Being a pet parent is a special feeling, leave no stone unturned for your pet companion.
*Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Leave a Reply