International Universal Health Coverage Day, also known as UHC Day is observed all over the world on December 12 every year. Although it was in 2012, when the UN General Assembly first urged countries all over the world to work towards providing quality health care services to all of their citizens, it was only in 2017 that December 12 was officially declared as the UHC Day.
The rising medical costs have increased the problem of accessibility to affordable quality health care services for many people all over the world. Thus, UN General Assembly conceptualized this day to raise awareness about this critical issue.
The theme for the 2018 UHC Day is: "Unite for Universal Health Coverage: Now is the Time for Collective Action.
" UHC has the following agendas with a vision to provide reasonably priced medical facilities to people in every nook & corner of the world:
- Share the stories of the people, who are still awaiting health care services
- Showcase the achievement of providing free/inexpensive health treatments to millions of people
- Urge business and political leaders, all over the globe, to make bigger and smarter investments in health care services
- Encourage various groups to take a pledge to help move the world closer to UHC by 2030
How can you be a part of this mission to provide health care to every person?
- On this Universal Health Coverage Day, make a promise to help in providing quality and affordable health care to everyone.
- Use the hashtags #HealthForAll and #UHCDay on the social media sites to promote the cause of the UHC Day.
- Be a part of a global movement to drive collective action with an aim to build stronger and more equitable health systems.
- Take a pledge to spread awareness about this grave issue and achieve Universal Health Care for all by 2030.
- Organize events by inviting responsible stakeholders, who can lay out effective plans to achieve this goal at the earliest.
- You can visit the official website of UN General Assembly and use the toolkit provided by them to advocate and help them successfully accomplish the aim of affordable quality health care for all.
- Having a health insurance policy can greatly reduce the financial burden that a medical emergency can bring. You can reach out to people and educate them about the importance of having a health insurance policy.
We, at Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, truly believe that medical care should be accessible to all, and our health insurance plans strive towards enabling people to be able to receive the best healthcare. Read about the various features, benefits and coverages about different health insurance plan on Bajaj Allianz’s official website