Since 2020, we’ve been witnessing one of the most devastating viral outbreaks of our times. The pandemic happened out of the blue, when nobody was prepared for anything like this. Affecting the respiratory system, the virus spared no one and spread across frontiers, taking lives and influencing the livelihoods of millions.
Today, there are multiple variants of the virus still causing fear, anxiety and newer symptoms among people. Thankfully, however, researchers and labs were quick to come up with an effective antidote or a vaccine for the virus and even quicker to manufacture it and distribute it to countries around the world.
In India, the first phase of vaccination drive started in January 2021. Relief was evident at the end of the tunnel, where our beloved frontline workers were the first ones to take the jabs part of the phase one drive.
As more vaccines were procured and distributed, phase 2 and 3 eventually rolled out, making sure people who were vulnerable to the disease the most - those between 45 and 60 - got vaccinated.
On May 1, 2021, the government of India announced that vaccines would be available to anyone above 18 years of age. At the time of writing this, close to 484,526,045 vaccines
were administered to Indian citizens. Amidst fear of a third wave lurking around, there was also positivity in the air with the fact that Bhubaneswar became one of the first Indian cities to fully vaccinate its people.
If you’re someone who is yet to be vaccinated and are unsure of how, this post is just for you. In this exclusive post, we will share everything you need to know about vaccination registration and how you could get your dose.
Let’s Get Started.
For the uninitiated, getting yourself vaccinated is not a walk-in affair. You have to do an online vaccine registration and schedule a time and day to get the vaccination. For that, you need to access a portal called CoWin.
Now, CoWin is an indigenous platform developed and rolled out in January to facilitate the vaccination drive. It’s an exceptional platform that allows you to register for your dose, find a center near you and even download your vaccination certificate after you get your jab.
All you have to do is get started with CoWin registration. There are two ways to access the portal -
- You could either use the web version of the CoWin portal and get your vaccination registration done.
- Or, you could download any Covid vaccine registration app and initiate a self-registration process.
Online Vaccine Registration On CoWin Website
- If you’re above 18, you could access the CoWin website and prefer self-registration for your vaccine dose.
- When you access the website, you will be asked to sign up for CoWin registration on the portal using your phone number. Enter the phone number.
- Once you enter, the portal will initiate an OTP to verify your phone number. When you receive the OTP, enter it and continue with the registration process.
- As part of additional security measures, you need to upload your government-approved photo ID to ensure it’s you who is registering on the portal.
- At this point, you will also have to fill out your basic details such as your full name, gender, age, contact details and more.
- Once this is done, your registration is complete. Now, on the left side of the screen, you will find the option to check out vaccination centers near you.
- You could then select one of your choices and schedule an appointment based on your preferred day and time.
CoWin Registration Using App
If you don’t want to access the website, you could also instantly download any Covid vaccine registration app such as Arogya Setu or Umang and initiate the online vaccine registration process.
- If you’re using the Arogya Setu app, select CoWin on the screen and if you’re using Umang, head to the Health section and choose CoWin.
- When you select your respective tabs, you will be asked to register using your phone number.
- Enter the number and wait for your OTP. Once you receive it, enter it and continue with the online vaccine registration process.
- On successful verification, you will be redirected to the page, where you will be required to upload any government-approved document. It’s also here that you will be asked to enter your basic details like name, age and more.
- When you fill in your details, you could head to the Schedule Appointment tab and choose your preferred center, day and time for vaccination.
What Happens Post Online Vaccine Registration?
The authorities have ensured that the vaccination procedure is as straightforward and seamless as possible. On the day of your scheduled appointment, you will head to your center carrying a government-approved ID proof. You will also be asked to wear comfortable clothing to receive the jab and visit after having a meal.
To give you a better idea, here is a breakdown of the process:
- When you’re in the vaccination center, your temperature will be checked and once you’re fit to go in, you will be asked to verify yourself with your ID proof at one of the counters setups.
- Once the verification is done, you will be taken inside to get your vaccine shot.
- Post the jab, you will be transferred to the observation room, where you will be monitored for immediate side effects or reaction. This usually lasts for 15 minutes.
- Once the authorities are sure of no reaction, you will be free to leave the premises.
- You are eligible for your second dose after 28 days or the duration as specified under new and revised guidelines.
- The process to schedule appointments for the second dose is the same.
- After your jab, you could also download your vaccination certificate from your portal.
Vaccination is a lifesaver but getting a jab isn’t a licence to go mask-free in public. You’re still in a spot to get the virus and experience mild symptoms. Your vaccination is just an armour of protection and not a cure. So, stay safe and cautious for the benefit of you, your family and anyone you interact with.
While vaccination is an assurance of good health, a health insurance policy
is an assurance of good life. Add a layer of protection against unforeseen events by getting a health insurance policy for you and your family and stay on the safer side.
Together, let’s come out of the pandemic and make the lives of our frontline workers simpler. They deserve this.
Leave a Reply