COVID – 19 or Coronavirus disease has affected masses all over the world and is still spreading at an exponential rate. We are sure that you must be exercising social distancing, staying indoors and taking precautions of all sorts to prevent contracting the disease. As the cases of coronavirus continue to rise, you can use your time in quarantine to experiment with recipes in the kitchen, which can help you boost immune system.
While living a healthy lifestyle
is the best way to strengthen your immune system, you can also boost immune system by eating healthy and fresh meals. You can make effective use of your time in isolation by eating foods that can help you boost your immunity.
Check out these easy and quick recipes that you can prepare during your time in quarantine due to coronavirus outbreak:
- Cucumber Mint Buttermilk – A cool drink in the hot summer becomes more refreshing if it is made from scratch and with healthy ingredients.
- Buttermilk and cucumber are immunity boosting foods.
- Mint contains Vitamin C and helps the immune system to generate white blood cells, which are necessary to fight any infection.
You will need the following ingredients to make cucumber mint buttermilk:
- Cucumber: 1
- Curd: ½ cup
- Water:1.5 cups
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Ginger: 1 inch (optional)
- Roasted cumin powder (optional)
- Add cucumber and mint leaves in a blender to form a smooth paste. If you are using the optional ingredients, you can add them while whisking cucumber and mint leaves.
- To this smooth mix add curd and salt and whisk it again.
- Add water to this smoothie and your buttermilk is ready.
- You can garnish it with coriander leaves and roasted cumin powder.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger tea with a dash of lemon and honey is an effective way to foment a sore throat and detoxify your body. This also helps your body to fight infections and boost immune system.
- Ginger helps to decrease inflammation.
- Lemon is rich in Vitamin C, which strengthens immunity in the body.
You will need the following ingredients to make Ginger Tea:
- Ginger: 1 inch
- Lemon juice: 1 Tbs
- Honey: 1 Tbs
- Water: 1.5 cups
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add grated ginger in this boiling water.
- Let the ginger sit in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and honey in a separate container.
- Strain the water with ginger into this container.
- Stir the mix and have a cup of immunity boosting ginger tea.
- Spinach Garlic Soup: Spinach and garlic have immunity boosting capabilities. Besides, spinach is rich in vitamin C and has numerous anti-oxidants. Garlic helps in lowering blood pressure and fighting infections.
You will need the following ingredients to make spinach garlic soup:
- Spinach: 2 cups chopped
- Onion: ½ cup chopped
- Garlic: 3 – 4 cloves
- Gram flour: 1 Tbs
- Water: 2 cups
- Black pepper
- Roasted cumin powder
- In a pan, sauté finely crushed garlic cloves in butter.
- Add chopped onions and continue to sauté.
- Add to this washed and chopped spinach leaves.
- To this, add black pepper and salt as per your taste.
- Mix everything properly and then add gram flour.
- Add water to cook all the ingredients in the pan.
- Add cumin powder towards the end.
- Turn off the flame and let the cooked mixture cool down a bit.
- Use a blender to smooth out the cooked mixture.
- Heat this soup before you have it.
We understand that this is a pandemic scenario and that well-preparedness and taking preventive measures is the best way to avoid stress and panic. We hope that with these easy recipes, you forget some of your worries and find an answer to your question of how to strengthen the immune system.
We want you to remain covered and feel protected during this critical time and thus, we extend our care to you with our numerous health insurance plans
, which can cover you against COVID – 19 (coronavirus disease).
We hope that you and your dear ones remain safe and healthy and find strength to fight COVID – 19 during this time of emergency.