Bike insurance, aka two wheeler insurance, is a service to safeguard your finances in case you and/or your two-wheeler suffers loss/damage due to an accident or any natural calamity. While it is imperative for you to buy a 2 wheeler insurance policy, it is equally important to know the features and the motor insurance claim settlement.
Bike insurance claim process is simple and requires a very basic understanding of the policy terms and conditions.
Here is the list of documents that you may need while filing a bike insurance claim:
- Claim Form
- Policy Document
- Tax payment receipts
- Registration card of your two-wheeler
- Driving license
- Police FIR copy
Other details that you must keep handy include:
- Your contact number
- Engine and Chassis Number of your bike
- Date and time of the incident
Here's also a table to help you keep track of the additional details required depending on the type of claim you are filing:
|Payment receipts||Service booklet|
|Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher||Warranty card|
|Accident location||Form 28, 29 and 30|
|Vehicle inspection address||Letter of Subrogation|
How to claim two-wheeler insurance?
You can file a two-wheeler insurance claim either offline or online.
1. For offline claim settlement, dial our Toll Free Number: 1800-209-5858, where our customer care executive can guide you with the complete process of claim registration.
2. For online motor insurance claim settlement, you can visit our claim registration online portal. You can avail cashless bike insurance online. You will have to provide the above mentioned details as and when asked to be filled in the form. It is best advised to check all the details, filled by you once, before proceeding to the next step.
- Once you reach the final step and click submit, the system will generate the claim registration number. You should carefully jot down this number and use it for all future references with respect to the claim settlement process.
- If your bike has been damaged in an accident, then either drive it to the nearest network garage or use the towing facility to take it to the nearest network garage. In case you take your bike to a non-network garage, keep all the original repair/replacement bills to get the reimbursement later.
- A surveyor, appointed by the motor insurance company will visit the address of inspection, as mentioned by you and prepare the survey report, which will be submitted to the insurance company. You claim will be settled once the survey report and other documents have been scrutinized.
As described above, motor insurance claim settlement is a very easy process. All you need to do is be ready with all the required documents and other details which you will need to file the claim. It is recommended that you should be patient during the whole process, as the claim process might take some time to complete.
You can read more about the claim settlement process on our Demystify Insurance blog.
Leave a Reply