Health insurance is necessary for individuals of all ages; whether it's for a newborn baby, a teenager, a young adult or a senior citizen. At every stage of your life, you need to take care of your health as well as the expenses related to health care. But you need to take special care when you or your loved one is pregnant.
Purchasing a health insurance with maternity cover for a would-be-mother and a newborn baby is one of the best ways to ensure their care and protection. While pregnancy is a joyful & exciting journey, the responsibility that comes with it, towards the expecting mother, increases. The responsibility further increases when the new family member arrives. Buying a health insurance policy is an important step that you should take to embrace parenthood like a pro.
Following are some health insurance plans, offered by Bajaj Allianz that can be beneficial for the expecting mother and newborn baby:
Health Care Supreme Plan
This health insurance plan provides coverage to and your family at all the stages of your life. This is a comprehensive policy, which offers health insurance with maternity cover benefit and is also best suited for newborn baby health insurance. In this plan, we cover:
- The medical expenses for the delivery of a baby.
- The expenses related to delivery by caesarean section.
- The expenses related to medically recommended and lawful termination of pregnancy.
- The medical expenses of pre-natal and post-natal hospitalization.
- The medical expenses towards the treatment of your newborn baby.
- The expenses incurred due to mandatory vaccinations of the newborn baby up to 90 days from the date of birth.
- The expenses arising as a result of complications as a consequence of maternity/childbirth as per your Sum Insured selected.
Health Guard - Family Floater Health Insurance
This single health insurance policy can provide coverage for yourself as well as your entire family (your spouse, children and parents). This policy is most suitable for a young couple, who are planning to start their family. Our family health insurance policy provides maternity and newborn baby expenses cover. Here are a few features of this policy that can be useful for pregnant women and the newborn baby:
- This policy covers medical expenses of pre-natal and post-natal hospitalization per delivery or termination (limited to maximum 2 deliveries/terminations) up to the amount stated in the policy schedule.
- It provides coverage for the expenses arising as a result of complications as a consequence of maternity/childbirth as per your Sum Insured selected.
- Coverage is provided for medical expenses towards the treatment of your newborn baby.
- Coverage is provided for expenses incurred due to mandatory vaccinations of the newborn baby up to 90 days from the date of birth and as per the SI chosen by you.
Individual Health Insurance Plan
This health insurance plan is best suited for individuals, who are above 18 years of age. This plan has an added benefit of maternity and newborn baby expenses cover. The features provided in this plan for maternity and newborn baby are the same as the health guard family floater plan.
Extra Care Plus Policy
This is a top up health insurance policy offered by Bajaj Allianz, which enhances the coverage of your base health insurance plan and comes in handy if you exhaust your SI limit of the base plan. You can purchase this policy even if you do not have a base health insurance plan. This policy provides coverage for the maternity expenses including the complications of maternity.
Some other salient features of these health insurance policies are:
- Wide range of Sum insured options
- Cover pre & post hospitalization charges
- Cashless facility at 6000 + network hospitals
- Policy term options of 1, 2 and 3 years
- Lifelong renewal option
As important is the health of an expecting mother and her baby, equally important it is to get the adequate cover for them by choosing the most suitable health insurance policy. Remember that the health insurance policies have a waiting period (as long as 6 years) before they start providing the maternity and newborn baby coverage. Thus, make sure you plan to buy the health insurance policy well before you conceive.