Monsoons bring a lot of joy, greenery, and a sense of relief from the scorching summer heat. Life thrives in monsoon, but all kinds; even disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and fungi. As a caring pet parent, you must protect your pets from illnesses and an unhygienic environment during this time.
Common health threats like cold, cough, pneumonia, and respiratory illnesses. Pets need proper grooming, tick treatments, and timely vaccinations for protection from water-borne diseases and ticks. Severe diseases such as Leptospirosis and gastroenteritis can also happen in monsoon when pets consume dirty water from puddles.
6 Pet Care Monsoon Tips
Following are some essential monsoon care steps for protecting your furry companion that will protect your finances holistically:
*Standard T&C apply
Wrapping it Up
- Staying Clean and Dry: Monsoon will disrupt your pets’ walking schedule. Plan your walks around it usually in the mornings or early noon when it doesn’t rain or drizzle. A pet raincoat will protect them from sudden showers. Keep a microfibre towel in case they get wet to pat them dry as soon as you return home. The damp weather in this season is not great for your pet and it’s important to make sure they always stay dry. Keep your pet indoors during the first few showers. Bathing regularly with lukewarm water and blow-drying their fur is a good option to keep them warm from the cold weather.
- Vaccination: Make sure your pets get timely vaccinations. It’s necessary to keep a proper record of it. Getting timely shots pre-monsoon for extra protection is a great preventive measure.
- Fresh Food and Water: Feeding warm fresh meals to your pet on cold rainy days, and giving them a balanced diet and sufficient fiber helps to maintain a happy gut. Ensure they consume fresh clean water as rainwater and water from puddles is a storehouse of deadly diseases.
- Grooming and Trimming: Basic grooming routines like fur brushing, ear cleaning, eye cleaning, maintaining teeth health, and protecting paws should be kept in check as well. Visit the vet regularly for detecting any infections. Calcium chews, paw cream, supplements, and cleaning tools like brushes are some good buys. You may opt for professional pet cleaning and spa services for extra care from time to time.
- Tick Treatment: Ticks are a constant worry for pet parents, even more so in monsoons. Steer clear of wild vegetation and grasses during walks to avoid ticks and pests. It’s important to invest in a good anti-tick spray/shampoo. Give preference to herbal options as it’s kinder to your pet’s skin. More advanced options like anti-flea collar and spots are available.
- Get Your Pet Insured: Last but not least get a pet dog insurance policy that covers the medical treatment of your beloved pet and saves her life in times of unforeseen accidents and medical emergencies. It will also protect against third-party damages or if your pet is lost.
With a pet insurance policy, your pets will get the best medical and legal assistance in case of unexpected situations. To prevent your dog from getting lost, always have a name tag on your pet with your contact details so that even if they happen to run away or are stolen, your chances of finding them will be better.
Ensure the safety of your PAW friend this monsoon!
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.