pandemic has caused gyms, parks, beaches and even the streets to shut down. Many of you, who are fitness enthusiasts and a few of you, who are now willing to utilize this quarantine time to get fit, might be wondering how to exercise when you’re stuck in your homes. Well, just think, how were people in the past keeping themselves fit, when there were no gyms and heavy exercise equipments to do workouts. All you need is a focused mind, determination and proper guidance to exercise.
During the lockdown period, an exercise routine can not only help you to keep your physique in shape, but also help you to take care of your mental health
. Here are some workout tips and home exercises that you can do to keep yourself fit during the coronavirus quarantine.
Use the Stairs
You can use the stairs in your building to climb up and down. This is similar to using a treadmill in the gym. There are many variations that can be done to exercise on stairs. You can scale the stairs with varied pacing, scale the stairs facing sideways, do step crawling and do pushups on the stairs. These exercises will help you burn fat, loosen up your hamstrings and strengthen your core.
You can practice various yogasanas at your home. Practicing yoga will help you to keep your body fit and mind relaxed, which is much needed in these tense times. Tadasana, utkatasana, adho mukha svanasana, trikonasana and setu bandha sarvangasana are a few yoga poses that you must try out. You can read about these yogasanas in our article on Demystify Insurance
. If you are a beginner, we would suggest you to give it some time before you practice yoga rigorously. You can check out our article – Yoga for Beginners
to start with some easy steps. Digital Yoga
is also one the best ways to practice yoga at the comfort of your home and at your convenience.
You can try out floor exercises at your home during quarantine. Doing floor exercises will not require any gym equipment and can be done using minimum space.
- You can start with some breathing exercises, which will help you relax and give a good start to your exercise routine.
- As you cannot go for jogging outside, you can jog standing on the same spot in your house. This way you can complete your jogging and also utilize just a small area in your house.
- You can use your water bottles as weights and practice all the exercises related to it.
- You can do plank exercises on the yoga mat. Plank exercises are a great way to strengthen your core.
- You can also do push-ups, squats and lunges as these exercises do not require any equipment and can be done anywhere.
- In the absence of maids during the lockdown, you can clean your house daily, do the dishes and also wash your clothes. These activities will ensure that you have a good exercise while completing your household chores.
We hope that these easy workout tips will help you to keep yourself fit and healthy. Taking care of your body and mind is very important, especially during the time of emergency like the coronavirus outbreak. After all, health is wealth. While we hope that you always remain healthy, we recommend you to get a health insurance
plan that can take care of your wealth in case you need to face any medical emergency.
Stay healthy, stay safe and keep working out!