Want to show how much you care for her? Are you thinking about a gift? Flowers may wither out and those candles will not last long. This Mother’s Day, go beyond these materialistic things and gift your mother the best health insurance which will cover her for minor or major healthcare expenses. She has taken care of you all along, its time you do the same for her.
Things You Should Keep In Mind While Buying An Insurance Policy For Your Mother
Health Insurance Exclusions
You must certainly enquire about the exclusions. The policy wordings should be carefully read and analyzed. Many insurance companies do not cover pre existing diseases and it is advisable to check the details regarding the same.
Adequate Amount For Health Cover
Health care costs increases considerably with age. An adequate sum assured should be considered while buying a health insurance policy.
Waiting Period For Pre Existing Diseases
Waiting period is an important factor which should be analyzed. The insurance companies which cover pre-existing diseases have a stipulated time, i.e. the waiting period after which the disease is covered. You might want to opt for a cover which has the least waiting period.
Many insurance companies do not allow renewal of policies after an age of 75. Thus it is important to keep your mother’s age into consideration for opting for a cover.
Some Plans Which You Can Opt For Your Mother
1. Critical Illness Cover For Women
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 1.38 million new cases of breast cancer each year. As the cost of treatment of these illnesses is very high, it is advisable to buy a cover which offers an adequate financial protection for such a crisis. Women's health insurance plans offer this protection.
- The insured will be paid with the sum assured if diagnosed with any of the 8 specific critical illnesses, including breast cancer, burns, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, and more
- Add on benefits like children education bonus and loss of job expenses
- Medical examination may be required depending on the insured’s age
2. Silver Health Plan
- With medical insurance for senior citizens, the member has access to cashless facility at various network hospitals across India (subject to exclusions and conditions)
- The member can opt for other hospitals besides the empanelled ones, in which case the expenses incurred by him/her shall be reimbursed within 14 working days from submission of all the documents
- 20% co-payment of the admissible claims is to be paid by the member if treatment is taken in a hospital other than a network hospital. Waiver of co-payment is available on payment of additional premium
- A cumulative bonus of 10% is offered to your Limit of Indemnity for every claim free year (max 50%)
- Health checkup in designated Bajaj Allianz Diagnostic centers at the end of four continuous claim-free years
3. Health Care Supreme
Health Care Supreme covers a person at all stages of life. Although not women specific, this is highly recommended for any individual as it has a large coverage range and is a comprehensive plan. This plan offers a host of amazing benefits like OPD expenses, air ambulance, Ayurvedic and Homeopathic treatments. Also, reinstatement of sum insured is offered, i.e, if the hospitalization and cumulative benefit is exhausted due to claims lodged during the policy period, then it is agreed that 100% of the hospitalization sum insured specified under hospitalization expenses will be reinstated.
- Cumulative Bonus of 10% of sum insured for each claim free year, maximum up to 50% of sum insured on hospitalization section
- 15 days free look period for new policies
- 30 days grace period for renewal, from policy expiry date
- Cashless facility in around 5000+ network hospitals across India, for claims under hospitalization section
- In-house claims processing by Health Administration Team of Bajaj Allianz
We hope that you will choose to give your mom the meaningful gift of insurance on this special occasion of Mother's day. Do visit our website to get the best plans in health insurance.