Time is of prime essence when it comes to dousing a fire at home. In just a span of few minutes, it can become life threatening. In five minutes an entire home can be engulfed in flames. Thus it becomes very important for you to know the safety measures and how you can protect yourself and your family in case such a disaster strikes. You can take preventive measures to avoid fire and save your home from it. Read on!
Things to keep in mind while devising a safety plan:
- Plan at least two escape routes from each room.
- Establish a family meeting place outside the home for everyone to gather in the case of a fire.
- Practice fire drills, especially for young children. Provide instruction as follows:
- Crawl on the floor – heat and smoke rise.
- Don’t open any door without first feeling it for heat. Never touch the handle, as it may be extremely hot. If the door is hot, don’t open it; use an alternative exit route.
- Go directly to the prearranged meeting place.
- Never return into a burning building to retrieve documents, valuables, etc.
In case such an eventuality strikes, while you get yourself and your family to safety, the loss of your house and the belongings in it, is emotionally difficult and leads to a financial loss. It is advisable to have a home insurance policy to ensure you are not financially at a loss. Bajaj Allianz offers a comprehensive Home Insurance Plan
that covers your home in case of fire and other perils. It comes with many add-on covers which you can opt for and customize your policy.
Be ready with the fire safety tips and if you have not insured your home, do insure it with Bajaj Allianz’s Home Insurance Plan today!
Leave a Reply