Insurance was once synonymous to life insurance but that isn’t the case anymore. The concept of insurance is now being extended to health, motor, home and even business requirements. Human life is no longer the only area where insurance coverage is available but also protection from other forms of risks.
Business do not operate in isolation. They are a part of the environment where various risks are prevalent. It can be internal as well as external; from its competitors, the environment in which it operates and even its employees, the possibilities are limitless. Without an insurance against these different risks, it exposes the business to financial liabilities that may arise due to them. So, it is advisable you opt for a commercial insurance
policy that provides a solution against these various risks.
Selecting a commercial insurance is an elaborate process which takes considerable time and investment. Primary reason being every business is unique in its own way and accordingly the risk it faces also differs. Here are some of things that you need to remember before finalising on a commercial insurance plan:
- Knowing what your requirements are is the first step when it comes to selecting a commercial insurance plan. If your organisation deals with employees involved in manual labour, workmen’s compensation is something you need to emphasise upon. On the other hand, if you are engaged in providing services to your clients, public liability insurance is what can be useful.
- Gather information about your policy. There are myriad policies that are available. Each plan differs in some or the other way from its counterparts. Hence, you must carefully look at what is included in your policy coverage and then make a choice of commercial insurance policy.
- Comparison is the key. Once you have shortlisted different policies, start comparing them against each other. An insurance calculator can come handy to make sure a policy that fits your budget as well as your requirements is bought.
- Keep an eye on the policy terms. Some policy terms are critical to define what is covered and what isn’t in your insurance plan. There are various clauses like the deductible clause which require you to bear a certain amount of loss only after which the insurance cover kicks in.
- Review your plans periodically. As critical it is to buy a commercial policy for your business, it is equally important to review them too. Timely review ensures you purchase a policy that is consistent with your coverage requirement. You might need to amend the coverage depending on changing business environment and thus review is a critical part.
These are some tips that will help you select a suitable policy for your business requirements. Depending on the nature of business, you can opt among the various types of commercial insurance plans like marine insurance
, shopkeeper’s insurance, property insurance, public liability insurance, engineering insurance, workmen’s compensation insurance and more.
When you buy a policy, it is best to purchase from a reputed insurance company like Bajaj Allianz General Insurance that not only offers many plans to choose from, but also ensures you get an adequate coverage for it. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please read sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.