In some Health Insurance Plans, the expenses incurred by an organ donor are covered.
In the most critical of medical cases, there arises a need to remove a damaged or malfunctioning organ from the body, which could otherwise be fatal. Your health insurance policy will definitely cover such a medical procedure. However, we often forget to find out how much medical expense of the organ donor our health plan will take on.
It is vital to know that not all Health Insurance Plans cover much expense of the Organ Donor.
The medical expenses which are generally posed on an organ donor are -
1) Compatibility Test: The organ of the donor undergoes evaluation for compatibility with the receiver’s anatomy.
2) Pre-hospitalization expenses: If the organ of the donor is found compatible, he/she usually goes through rigorous medication and treatment before he is hospitalized.
3) Hospitalization Expenses: The hospitalization cost includes room rent, nurse’s fees and other charges.
4) Organ transplantation surgery: Surgeon’s fees and the cost of the procedure for harvesting the organ are covered.
5) Post-surgery care & recovery: It is common for complications to arise after an organ has been surgically removed from someone’s body. Hence, the donor may need to stay in the hospital for an extended period. He/she may also need post-operative therapy for a full recovery.
6) Post-Hospitalization Expenses: Medication may still continue after the donor has been discharged from the hospital. Frequent Health Checkups are a must for the donor.
The Health Insurance Plans of the receiver, which do give coverage to the donor, only cover the surgical expenses of the donor to the extent mentioned in the terms and conditions.
Hence, it is vital to check for the limits and extent to which your organ donor will be covered in case you ever need one.
I hereby authorize Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd. to call me on the contact number made available by me on the website with a specific request to call back at a convenient time. I further declare that, irrespective of my contact number being registered on National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) under either Fully or Partially Blocked category, any call made or SMS sent in response to my request shall not be construed as an Unsolicited Commercial Communication even though the content of the call may be for the purposes of explaining various insurance products and services or solicitation and procurement of insurance business. Furthermore, I understand that these calls will be recorded & monitored for quality & training purposes, and may be made available to me if required.
Please enter valid quote reference ID