Most Health Insurance Plans have a provision for an annual or bi-annual Preventative Medical Check-up, for which there is usually a capping, varying from one Health plan to the other.
Health Insurance plans, in general, do not cover doctor’s fees or diagnostic health check-ups which you might undergo on your own. However, there is a provision for health check-ups once every year or once every 2 years.
Which Medical Check-Ups Are Usually Covered?
Here is a list of Medical Check-ups which are generally covered by the Health Insurance Companies -
1) Blood Sugar - Measuring your blood sugar level while you have had no food intake in the last 12 hours. It is usually done the morning after an overnight fast.
2) Blood Count - This test helps in the detection of a wide range of blood-related disorders or infections, including anaemia and leukaemia.
3) Urine Test - Urine test can help in the diagnosis of urinary tract infection if bacteria and white blood cells are found in it. Also, the earliest signs of potentially fatal kidney diseases can be detected from a Urine test.
4) Cholesterol Test - This is one of the most critical tests for the people of this generation, given their lack of physical activity and jobs where they have to sit for prolonged hours. Abnormality in cholesterol levels may be taken as a sign of heart disease.
However with adequate care, cholesterol levels can be moderated and brought to normalcy again.
5) ECG Test - An ECG test maps the rhythm of your heart on paper while indicating your heart health.
Preventative medical check-ups tell you about the condition your body is in, so if your health policy has such a provision, do utilize it wisely.
Explore more Health Insurance Features
Thank You for Your Interest in Bajaj Allianz Insurance Policy, A Customer Support Executive will call you back shortly to assist you through the Process.
I hereby authorize Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd. to call me on the contact number made available by me on the website with a specific request to call back at a convenient time. I further declare that, irrespective of my contact number being registered on National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) under either Fully or Partially Blocked category, any call made or SMS sent in response to my request shall not be construed as an Unsolicited Commercial Communication even though the content of the call may be for the purposes of explaining various insurance products and services or solicitation and procurement of insurance business. Furthermore, I understand that these calls will be recorded & monitored for quality & training purposes, and may be made available to me if required.
Please enter valid quote reference ID