Renewal of your two-wheeler insurance policy is important, as this policy protects you against any out of the blue incidents like accidents, theft, burglary, natural calamities and third-party liability in case of an accident involving your bike. There are many more benefits of two wheeler insurance renewal like NCB (No Claim Bonus) and the peace of mind that it gives you. Besides it is illegal in India to drive a vehicle with an expired policy or no bike insurance policy. Two wheeler insurance renewal is must before the expiry of your existing insurance policy. In fact, insurance companies send constant reminders to their customers whose policy is nearing expiration. However, in case you are unable to do it in time, you can always go for two wheeler insurance online renewal after expiry.
If you do not renew your two-wheeler insurance before the expiry date, then it is regarded as a break-in case. Following are some repercussions if your policy has lapsed:
- If you choose renew your bike insurance online, then the inspection of your vehicle is not mandatory. But the policy period will start after 3 days of receiving the payment by insurance company.
- If you choose to renew your expired two wheeler insurance offline, then inspection becomes mandatory and you will have to take your bike to the nearest office of your insurer for inspection along with the necessary documents.
- Usually you will need the following documents for two wheeler insurance renewal after expiry:
- Previous policy copy or renewal notice sent by your previous insurer
- RC (Registration Card)
- Driving license
- If the inspection of your vehicle is satisfactory, the insurance company will issue the cover note within 2 working days.
- If you renew your expired policy after 90 days, then you will lose the NCB benefit.
- If you renew your insurance after 1 year or more, then your break-in case will be referred to the underwriter.
An important point to note here is that, insurance companies do not levy any additional charges while you renew expired two wheeler insurance online.
How to renew expired two wheeler insurance online?
The two wheeler insurance online renewal after expiry is a very simple and straightforward process. All you need to do is follow the three easy steps mentioned below:
- Choose your insurance company - If you are not satisfied with the services or premium rates provided by your existing insurance company, you have an option of switching your insurer at the time of your two wheeler insurance renewal online. You can compare two wheeler insurance online and get the best deal which suits your requirements.
- Enter your vehicle details - Visit the official website of the insurance company that you have chosen and provide the details of your bike/two wheeler. Select the type of insurance policy, IDV and the add-ons that you wish to get with your policy.
- Buy the policy - Make payment and buy the policy. You will soon receive the softcopy of your policy on your registered mail ID.
Hope these simple steps will make your task easy, look our for online bike insurance for your expired policy or even before your policy expires to be on the safer side. Having a two wheeler insurance saves you from the huge expenses that you might have to bear from your pockets in case you or your vehicle gets damaged. Thus, we recommend that you take the reminders from your insurers earnestly and renew your policy in time.In order to further keep a tab on your expenses, calculate your two wheeler premium using two wheeler insurance premium calculator.