According to Statista, from 2012 to 2018, there were over 90 thousand cyber-crime incidents registered across India. In 2018, there were over 27 thousand cases of cyber-crimes recorded in India. Out of these 27 thousand cases, over two thousand cases of cyber-crimes were related to sexual harassment and over 700 cases were related to cyber bullying against women and minors. These figures are shocking and worrisome.
It is important to have a backup when you are dealing with vulnerabilities to this extent. An online fraud can cause a huge financial loss to you and thus having a cyber insurance plan as a backup can be very beneficial. We, at Bajaj Allianz can cover you for the financial losses as well as prosecution costs to pursue a case against a third party that you might incur because of cyber-crimes with, our Individual Cyber Safe Insurance
Policy. This policy is specially designed to safeguard individuals in case they become victims of cyber-crimes.
Our Cyber Safe Insurance policy provides coverage against 10 potential cyber threats:
- Identity theft
- Social media liability
- Cyber stalking
- Malware attack
- IT theft loss
- Email spoofing
- Media liability claims
- Cyber extortion
- Privacy & data breach by third party
To register your cyber insurance claim, you can:
- Lodge a complaint with your nearest police station and cyber cell department, once you identify that there has been cyber-attack.
- Intimate the same to us using the information above.
- Submit the following documents when you file the cyber insurance claim:
- Duly filled and signed claim form (download from here)
- FIR copy
- Copy of legal notice and summonses from court (if any)
- Copy of invoices for expenses against restoration costs
- Copy of invoices for expenses against IT Consultant Services cover
- Details of costs incurred for filing criminal case/claim for damages against third-party
- Proof of loss incurred by you
- Proof of personal data belonging to you
- Any other specific document related to the nature of loss
- Once you have informed us about your loss, we will initiate the claim process and reimburse the amount of the final settlement directly in your bank account.
For more details about our cyber insurance policy and the cyber claim settlement process, visit our website – Bajaj Allianz General Insurance