Every year, National Tourism Day is observed on the 25th
of January in our country. The day is celebrated to highlight the importance of tourism for our economy. India is known for its ‘Unity in Diversity’. And it is this unique diversity that makes the country a prime spot for tourists across the world.
Thinking why National Tourism Day is celebrated?
Well, it is celebrated to create awareness across the globe on the significance of tourism but also the political, social, financial, and cultural worth and value.
As per the India Tourism Statistics 2022 report, in the global Travel and Tourism Development Index India is ranked 54th
in 2021. Tourism continues to play a key role as a foreign exchange earner for the nation.
In 2021, India received around 677.63 million domestic tourist visits. In the same year, with the pandemic restrictions in place, India also received about 1.05 million foreign tourist visitors.
Note: The figures and facts have been taken from the report shared by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
Traveling to India can be a cultural shock for many, especially for those who are first-time visitors. It’s a country that offers different cultures, has deep-rooted traditions, and customs. In this article, let us tell you some travel tips if you are a first-time visitor to India.
Travel Tips You Must Know Before Traveling to India
India is a country that truly offers remarkable sights, scrumptious food, nature, rich cultural heritage, and warm people. Here is a rundown of the key tips that will help you to explore India:
- Be Flexible: You need to be open to accepting specific cultural specifics that the country offers without comparing it to the background you come from.
- Explore Beyond the Cities: Yeah, you would be thinking to visit only the metro or urban cities. However, it is all worth exploring outside the city areas and visiting some Indian villages. Life’s pace will be slow, the air is going to be cleaner and give you a completely different outlook on Indian culture.
- Dress As Per the Destination: If you do not want to catch unwanted eyeballs or attention, ensure that you cover yourself decently. Do not wear anything that shows off your skin or is revealing. Supposedly if you are visiting a temple or any holy place, avoid skin shows. If you are traveling in summer, carry lightweight cotton pants, jeans, full-length dresses, sarongs, shirts/tops that cover your shoulder, etc. To avoid sunburn, wear long sleeve clothes.
- Know the Seasons: Follow the seasons in India. It's extremely hot across the nation in May and June. The monsoon season begins in July and stays until August. The northern part of India remains cold from December to February. It is recommended to research and figure out the places to visit by season.
- Carry Essential Medicines: Stomach infection or indigestion is a common problem that travelers face when in India. So, carry important tablets and medicines when planning to visit the country. Do not wait to fall sick or ill.
- Buy a Local SIM Card: Having an Indian contact number will make your travel easy. You can easily look for directions using Google Maps. Besides, you can even check the reviews of the place that you intend to visit or about the restaurants.
The Bottom Line
India is an exotic destination. It has so much to offer for every type of traveler. Whether you are traveling for a short break or a long vacation, ensure that your travel documents are safe and handy. Before you head out, have travel insurance
in place to ensure hassle-free travel.
Hope the above-mentioned tips help you and you go back with a baggage of happy memories.
*Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Leave a Reply