In case you have an overseas travel medical insurance and are admitted to a hospital after an OPD consultation or otherwise, please notify us immediately. The insurance medical assistance department (doctor) will discuss your medical condition with the treating doctor. If it is confirmed that the admission to a hospital is NOT due to any pre-existing conditions or any conditions listed in the exclusion list, then the travel insurance
company shall guarantee and settle the payments with the hospital.
In order to expedite processing of the claim, you must send the following documents immediately by fax to +91-20-30512207 or scan and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed claim form signed by the treating doctor and you
- Name, address and contact details of the local / family medical doctor in India
- Signed copy of the Release of Medical Information Form (ROMIF) to authorize your treating doctor and local medical doctor in India to release your medical information to the Insurance Medical Assistance Department
- Treating doctor’s medical report
- Estimated medical expenses
- Date of travel from India
- Details of domestic health insurance policy, if any (policy no., name and address of insurance company)
- Copy of passport with exit stamp from India and entry into overseas country
: Your prompt submission of the above documents / information (ROMIF, LMO details, medical reports, estimated medical expenses, claim form) will enable the medical assistance department to make a medical assessment and recommendation of coverage, thereby facilitating the claims process.
: For any further clarifications about travel health insurance
or foreign travel insurance, please do not hesitate to contact us at: Telephone +91-20-30305858, Fax +91-20-30512207or email us at email@example.com
Travel insurance claims may sound tricky, but we have an article that will help you understand the process better.