If you’ve been a responsible citizen and got your vaccination jab - the first or both, you could easily download your Covid-19 vaccine certificate online. It doesn’t matter if you’ve taken Covishield, Covaxin or Sputnik, you could go for a Covid vaccine certificate download from any of your preferred online resources.
The certificate you’ll download will have all the details about your vaccination including the date and time of your dosage. If you’re unsure of how to go about downloading your Covid 19 vaccine certificate, this exclusive post is just for you.
Let’s quickly get started but before that, let’s understand why you need your Covid 19 vaccine certificate.
Why Do You Need A Vaccination Certificate?
Covid 19 vaccine safeguards and protects you from the contagious virus, ultimately letting you experience just mild symptoms which can be easily treated at home by self-quarantine processes. Contrary to misconception, a vaccine doesn’t ensure you wouldn’t catch the virus.
In such circumstances, you are still at the risk of contracting the virus and being a spreader to those who haven’t been able to get vaccinated yet. To prevent the stemming up of consequences from such instances, several states and even organizations and hospitality chains have made it mandatory for citizens to carry proof of their vaccination, which is your Covid 19 vaccine certificate.
From becoming eligible to fly to entering states and union territories for leisure or business purposes, it’s mandatory to carry a negative RT-PCR report or a vaccination certificate. While the latter is more accessible, it’s always good to have a downloaded copy of your certificate on your phone or any portable device you use.
With this understanding, let’s look at how you can download your certificate from various portals.
Covid Vaccine Certificate Download Through CoWin
In one of our previous posts, we would have shared an extensive post on how you could register for your vaccination using CoWin. So, if you’ve used the CoWin portal, you know it’s been designed to intuitively tell how you could download the certificate from the portal as well.
For the uninitiated, here’s how you could go for CoWin vaccine certificate download.
- Access the CoWin website.
- Click on the Sign-in button. Since you would have already registered the first time when scheduling your vaccination appointment, you could easily log in by entering the OTP you would receive on your registered mobile number.
- Once you log in, you would be able to see the Doses section, where depending on the doses you’ve taken, the section would appear green.
- Head to the section and you will be able to see the download button enabled. Click on Certificate on Dose 1 if you intend to initiate CoWin vaccine certificate download or Dose 2 accordingly.
- The certificate will be downloaded as a PDF or a soft copy on your device.
- Log out from the portal after your session.
Covid Vaccine Certificate Download Using Aarogya Setu App
If you prefer downloading your certificate from the Aarogya Setu app, you can do so by downloading the app. If you already have it downloaded, open the app and access the CoWin tab.
- Once there, select the Vaccination Certificate.
- At the time of getting your dose, you would have received a 13-digit reference number. Enter the number here and then click on the Get Certificate button.
- The certificate will be downloaded to your device.
Covid 19 Vaccine Certificate Download Using Digilocker
Digilocker is another resourceful portal that allows you to download your vaccination certificate easily. The process is very similar to that of using the Aarogya Setu app.
- You will need to download the Digilocker app on your device and register on it by specifying your personal details.
- Once done, you have to head to the Health section and find the Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare.
- You will see the Vaccination Certificate option there.
- Have your 13-digit reference number in hand and enter it.
- The certificate will be ready for download.
In case you can’t retrieve your reference number or if you don’t have one, the easiest way to get a copy of your certificate is to go for the CoWin vaccine certificate download option. Once you download the certificate, check if all the details are correct.
The portals are designed for anyone with minimal inclination to technology. So, get your certificates downloaded and ensure you still travel responsibly. And if you haven’t taken your second dose, schedule an appointment accordingly.
The Bottom Line
The current Covid-19 scenario has made us realize that unpredictable times and medical exigencies can cause a financial burden that can be tough on our pockets. With high risks of getting the infection, everyone has started to understand the importance of having a medical insurance
plan in these unpredictable times.