Aarogya Setu which literally means the “the bridge towards freedom from disease” is Indian government’s innovative response towards the rising Covid-19 crisis.
The Aarogya Setu was launched with a vision to collect Covid-19 health data but it has now become a key instrument for battling the spread of the virus. Recently, the government expanded the scope of the app, making it mandatory in a number of service sectors.
Who all are mandated to use Aarogya Setu Mobile App?
Catering to the rising concerns around the spread of Covid-19 cases, the app already has crossed 100 million downloads in India. According to the recent updates, employees, workmen and users of the following service sectors would have to mandatorily use the app.
Airport Staff and Passengers
Airport Authority of India (AAI) published a mandate for all air passengers to download the Aarogya Setu app, in order to effectively track positive cases. Post lockdown as flights resume, the App will become a compulsory measure if you’re boarding a flight.
Government Sector Employees
All Government sector employees who are being mobilised in the lockdown are mandated to download the app on their smartphones. This pervades all kinds of service sectors such as Police, Family and Healthcare, Public Welfare, NIC, FCI and the lot.
Limited Private Sector Employees
After Lockdown 3, some private sector companies have resumed operation with a limited number of employees. All such companies are also mandated to have their employees download and use the app. Failing to follow this order will be considered as a violation, and penalties can be imposed. This includes employees working in any sort of home delivery-based business or manufacturing business.
The logical step is to track the virus from its roots and Containment Zones are the first in line. Therefore, people residing in containment zones must have the Aarogya Setu app on their smartphones. A number of people are already getting medical insurance
in order to prepare in advance for contamination.
As of now some 15 special trains have resumed working, and boarding them will require you to download the app. As per the latest updates, riding Metro trains will also require using the app as the trains resume slowly. This comes as an advanced measure to track the virus spread.
How does the Arogya Setu App Work?
The Mobile App tracks the user via their phone’s location and Bluetooth data, to figure out if they’ve come in contact with a Covid-19 positive case.
This way, it is able to predict contamination before it has happened, as it helps the users to avoid contact with a positive case, self-assess the health and prepare for insurance, etc.
The data collected from the App is used by national authorities to plan resources, analyse the situation and stay in charge of the crisis.
Key Features of Aarogya Setu App
The Mobile App currently offers the following features.
● User Status: Generates a risk report for the user, by detecting if they’ve come in contact with a previously known positive case.
● Self Assessment: Provides analysis based on the symptoms entered by the user.
● COVID-19 Updates: News and notifications on Covid-19.
● E-pass Integration: Allows enablement of E-pass for travel.
Benefits of using Aarogya Setu
As the app helps users assess the risk of catching the virus, it allows them to avoid contamination using a national database of positive cases. Using the app isn’t a foolproof method to dodge the virus but it goes a long way in offering early prevention for the common man. Some noteworthy benefits are as follows.
● Detect Covid-19 Cases: The App provides information on likely cases in about 10 km radius from the user, offering ways to avoid going to areas that may have active cases.
● Tracking Transmission: In case you’ve inadvertently come in contact with a positive case, the app can be used to identify if you’ve also contracted the virus. If so, you can take early measures such as Covid-19 test or invest in a health insurance for Coronavirus
● Situation Awareness: Accurate data about Coronavirus infection is critical towards handling the spread, and with a growing userbase, the app keeps the authorities informed as to how they should plan the efforts.
How to Download Aarogya Setu App?
Follow the steps mentioned below to download and set up the Aarogya Setu App.
1. Go to Google Play Store or Android Smartphone or App Store on your iOS device.
2. Click on the Install button to download the app.
3. Launch the app on your smartphone.
4. Initially, you’ll be asked to pick a language. Choose your preferred language for using the app and click on Next.
5. Switch on the Bluetooth functionality on your Smartphone.
6. Switch on the Location functionality. Keep the location sharing option to “Always”.
7. Swipe through introductory screens and tap on Register Now.
8. Enter your mobile number and register the OTP sent to your phone.
9. Answer the on-screen questions that ask your Name, Age, Profession, etc.
You’re ready to use the App, in order to stay informed about the latest happenings, take self-assessments and be prepared in case you need to buy health insurance. Look into plans such as the Corona Kavach
policy, which was designed to address all your money woes with comprehensive coverage for multiple COVID-19 expenses.
The government and the citizens are actively participating in making Coronavirus data easily available. Among other initiatives, Aarogya Setu is proving out to be highly successful among the masses as it actively tracks the spread of the virus. Download the app to begin using it today.