In India, many companies offer the benefit of group mediclaim policy to their employees along with other benefits such as bonuses, profit sharing, meal coupons, gratuity, and facilities like childcare, pension plans, work from home and more.
A Group Health Insurance plan is custom-made for each organization depending upon the requirements of their employees. This policy takes care of the expenses related to any health care services that the employees or their families (if covered) avail.
The default Sum Insured (SI) is the same for every employee, however, employees are also given an option to increase the SI to suit their needs. The premium to be paid towards group medical policy is usually shared by the employer and the employee. But in some cases, the employer may also choose to bear the complete share of the premium amount, and thus providing the benefit of health insurance plans
for free to all its employees.
Coverages of Group Mediclaim Policy
Following are the coverages of the Group Medical Policy offered by Bajaj Allianz:
Features and benefits of Group Mediclaim Policy
- Maternity hospitalization and newborn baby expenses
- Ambulance charges
- Cover for pre-existing diseases
- Expenses related to daycare procedures
- Pre & post hospitalization expenses
- Nursing charges
- OT (Operation Theatre) charges
- Costs of pacemaker, organ transplant, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and more
Following are the features and benefits of the Group Mediclaim Policy
offered by Bajaj Allianz:
- Access to quality health care services
- Cashless claim settlement at 6000 + network hospitals
- Comprehensive health coverage at affordable premium rates
- 24 * 7 call support
- Quick disbursement of claims with our in-house Health Administration Team (HAT)
- Individual and Floater cover available
- Tax benefit under section 80 D of the Income Tax Act
The process to register your claim with this policy is similar to that of any other health insurance policy. You can either opt for the cashless facility at a network hospital, in which case the submission of the claim settlement related documents will be done by the hospital; or get the claim amount reimbursed by submitting all the required documents on your own.
While many of you might think that the health insurance provided by your employer is enough to cover you and your family, but it is not the case. We hope that this has helped you understand medical insurance benefits
and recommend that you opt for an appropriate health insurance policy, top-up policy & suitable add-on covers along with the group medical policy provided by your employer, so that you and your loved ones are adequately covered in case of any medical emergencies.
Visit our website to know more about the various health insurance plans offered by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
Leave a Reply