Learn all about how a top-up health insurance cover works, its benefits, and its ins and outs with this comprehensive list of frequently asked questions and their answers.
1. What is Extra Care Policy and what are its benefits?
It is a top-up health cover over your existing health/hospitalization policy. This policy can be taken as add-on cover to your existing hospitalization policy. In case of higher expenses due to illness or accidents, when the existing policy sum insured gets exhausted, the Extra Care
policy takes care of the additional expenses.
2. Can I opt for this policy if I do not have any existing health / hospitalization policy?
Members who do not have any health policy
can also opt for this policy; the expenses up to the deductible limit (per hospitalization) have to be borne by the member.
3. Please explain what is ‘deductible limit’?
In case you have an existing policy, then the sum insured in this base policy is the deductible limit.
For example: If you have a medical insurance policy with 3 Lac sum insured, then 3 Lac would be the deductible limit. The Extra Care policy would be triggered when the 3 Lac would get exhausted.
In case you do not have a health insurance
policy, then the deductible limit would be as per the plan you have opted in Extra Care.
4. What are the key features of this policy?
5. What are the plans available under this product?
- No medical tests up to 55 years, subject to a clean proposal form
- Pre-existing diseases covered after 4 years of continuous renewal with Bajaj Allianz
- Access to over 2400 hospitals all over India for cashless facility
- The member can opt for hospitals besides the empanelled ones, in which the expenses incurred by him shall be reimbursed within 14 working days from submission of all the documents.
- Covers relevant medical expenses incurred 60 days prior to and 90 days after hospitalization.
- No sub-limits applicable on room rent and other expenses.
- Hassle-free claim settlement due to in-house claim administration.
- Income tax benefit on the premium paid as per section 80-D of Income Tax Act. This is a floater policy, single sum insured and single premium for the whole family
- Very competitive premium rates
- The policy covers ambulance charges in case of emergency, subject to a maximum of Rs 3000 /-
There are 3 plans under this policy; each plan has a specified deductible amount. The sum insured and deductible amount are given in the table below.
6. What is entry age for this policy?
Entry age for proposer is 18 years to 70 years
Renewal till the age of 80 years
Dependent children can be covered from 3 months to 25 yrs.
Children below 5 yrs can be covered if both the parents are insured with us.
7. To enroll, is it necessary for me to undergo any medical examination?
Medical tests are mandatory for the persons above 55 yrs, and for others based on the proposal form declarations. Tests would be arranged at our panel diagnostic centre.
8. Please confirm if the medical test charges are paid by the insurance company?
If the proposal is accepted and the policy is issued, 50% of medical test charges would be reimbursed.
9. What is the process of medical examination?
- Fill the proposal form completely and submit along with the age/identity proof
- If there are any health declarations, please attach the relevant reports / discharge card / DRS prescriptions if any.
- On scrutiny of the proposal form, if there is any further requirement the same to be fulfilled
- Once we receive the completely filled proposal form, tests are advised
- Our team contacts the customer directly for the tests; appointment is fixed in our empanelled diagnostic centre.
- After the tests, the reports are directly sent to us (at Health Administration Team)
The decision of the proposal is informed after the scrutiny of the reports.
Know more about the Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Policy
View our entire range of health insurance policies