According to a survey conducted by Bajaj Allianz on how happy people are with their existing health insurance plan, more than 60% participants reported that they fear that their health insurance plan may not suffice in case of a serious or long ailment. The reason for this is that most often the SI (Sum Insured) opted by you in a Health Insurance plan is quite low. Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Plus is a unique health insurance plan that allows you to extend your existing health insurance cover, in case you exhaust the limit of your regular health insurance policy.
For example, consider that you have a health insurance with SI of INR 5 lakh, which is provided by your employer. Now if your medical bill is INR 7 lakh, then you can use the insurance policy from your employer to pay INR 5 lakh and pay the remaining INR 2 lakh using the Extra Care Plus Policy, for which the premium amount is very nominal.
With this top up health insurance
, you get an option to select an aggregate deductible amount. It is the amount that you agree to pay from your pocket when you file for a claim, which in turn helps to reduce the premium amount that you need to pay.
Features of Extra Care Plus Policy:
Benefits of Extra Care Plus Policy:
- This is a floater policy, which offers a single Sum Insured & single premium and covers your entire family.
- You can avail cashless claim facility at over 6000 + network hospitals all over India.
- No medical tests are required up to 55 years of age (subject to a clean proposal form).
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 1 year from your first Extra Care Plus policy.
- The policy covers emergency ambulance charges.
- It covers maternity expenses including the complications of pregnancy.
- It offers in-patient hospitalization cover.
- You are covered for all day care treatments.
Why opt for a Top-up Cover?
- Health CDC (Claim by Direct Click) benefit – you can easily file a claim for INR 20,000 via Insurance Wallet app.
- It can be taken as add-on policy with any health insurance policy and can be opted as a standalone policy as well.
- Income tax benefits under section 80 D of the Income Tax Act.
- Free look up period of 15 days.
- Lifetime renewal option.
The simplest reason for buying a top-up cover is that your health insurance policy may not always be sufficient when it comes to a large medical expense. For instance, if you solely depend on the health insurance provided by your company, then buying this top-up cover will be very beneficial for you. Nowadays most of the hospital bills are on the higher side and hence the company mediclaim might be insufficient to cover the same. Thus, Bajaj Allianz's Extra Care Plus policy can be purchased as a stand-alone policy and can come in handy when the SI of your company mediclaim gets exhausted.
Top-up covers are also useful if you are a senior citizen, or approaching that age. As you grow older, getting an increase in the Sum Insured of your base policy will be difficult and expensive. The premium rates will be very high and there will be numerous medical tests to undergo as well. In this case, having a top-up cover means that you can stick with your base policy, while letting the top-up cover take care of any extra expenses that might arise.
Also with rising medical costs, it is better to have an extra protection which can let you have peace of mind in the time of crises. The last thing you want to worry about, when in a hospital, is about your medical bill. With Extra Care Plus Policy, insure your finances and avail the best health care services.
Note about Claim Process:
- The claim under cashless and reimbursement would be admissible in excess of the deductible limit, subject to terms, conditions, exclusions and definitions as per the policy wordings.
- The proof of settlement of the deductible amount has to be produced at the time of claim in case of any other existing insurance policy.
View health insurance in India
offered by Bajaj Allianz and get insured today!