Mental health is a subject that has been ignored for a long time. However, we are witnessing a significant shift.
Ever since the pandemic happened, people are open to talking about mental health and issues related to it. Celebrities have also come out and spoken about it.
Your mind is important to your health more than any wealth.
First things first!
Is Mental Health Important?
Mental health is an important and integral component of health. As the World Health Organization states, health is not just merely the absence of disease or infirmity. It is a state of complete social, physical, and mental well-being.
Know that mental health is more than the absence of mental disabilities or disorders.
What is Mental Health?
In simple words, mental health includes our psychological, social, and emotional well-being. It affects the way we act, feel and think.
It enables us to determine the way to handle situations, relates to others, and likewise make choices. Mental health is important in every life stage. Emotional and social well-being is extremely important for overall health.
Mental health is a state of well-being wherein a person realizes the abilities, cope up with the normal stresses of everyday life, work productively and make a contribution to the community. It is fundamental to our individual and collective ability.
Anyone who is going through some mental health issues, their behavior, mood, and thinking could be affected. There could be various reasons leading to mental health issues such as some genetic history, brain chemistry, or life experiences like trauma or abuse.
It is important to understand that mental health issue is not to feel ashamed about. People with mental health problems do get better and recover as well. What is important is to talk, listen to it calmly and without judgment.
Do You Know Anyone Who is Dealing With Mental Health Issues?
Sometimes, a person does not even realize the mental health anxieties. Here, we have enlisted some of the feelings and behaviors that are a sign of an issue:
Disclaimer: The signs and symptoms are subject to vary from person to person. It is advised to seek medical consultation.
- Either overeating or not eating at all
- Oversleep or not sleeping
- Smoking or drinking more than usual
- Yelling or fighting with friends or family time and again
- Easily being irritated or disturbed
- Feeling numb or unable to express
- Suicidal thoughts
- Unable to perform daily tasks
No matter at what life stage you are in, giving up is not the solution. Speak, talk and discuss. There is a solution to everything.
Taking a step today will let you lead a better tomorrow. A healthy mind is the biggest asset, hence, relax whenever you want to.
Experience and emotions are a part and parcel of life. Emotions are the manifestation of our thoughts and actions. Harboring emotions rightly is the key.
What Should I do For a Positive Mental Health?
To cope with such emotions you need to accept, embrace your feelings and state of mind. Engage in activities that help to counterbalance these not-so-comfortable emotions most authentically.
To begin with, you can start practicing the following for positive mental health:
- Regulate Emotions: Do not bottle up your feelings and what you are going through. Talk to your family members, friends and if need be take medical help. Let us normalize seeking medical help. You could also start journaling to relieve any stress. Make a note of things that makes you happy. It could be as simple as having your favorite food, watching a movie, or even gazing at the stars.
- Choose Fitness: When it comes to physical activities, it nourishes both physical and emotional health. In the times we are living today, leading a healthy lifestyle is important. When we say healthy lifestyle it means exercising regularly, having a balanced diet, and adequate sleep.
- Meditate: Meditation is a form of focused guided thought. It also helps to keep emotions in check. Practicing yoga is another great way to remove stress-busters. Identify the mind and reactions to use for well-being.
At some point, people do have their frustrations and anxiety level. COVID-19 created a global crisis for, which nobody was prepared. Loss of work, loss of income, the surge in the cases leading to hospitalizations, restrictions, and whatnot impacted almost every human life.
The conversation about mental health issues such as depression, attention deficit, anxiety, etc. has finally stirred.
Earlier only physical health ailments were covered under the ambit of the health insurance
policy. Yet, in recent years a paradigm shift has also been observed in the insurance sector as well.
Talk and Share As This too Shall Pass
There is no wealth without mental health. Mental health care is for one and all. It depends upon you to make choices. And these choices should not just be healthy only for your body but your mind as well.
Make mental health a priority. Your happiness is important and self-care is a necessity. You cannot be in a happy state always, ups and downs are a part of life. Having said it, equip yourself to deal with the good, bad, and everything in between.
Do the talking with care as we do.
*Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.