To support and protect enterprises which come within the micro to medium scale, the Indian government introduced the Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha Shopkeepers Package Policy. A lot of these businesses rely on the usage of electronic equipment for efficiency and to provide better customer service. To offer coverage for these equipment, one of the many features of this policy, Electronic Equipment Coverage is a crucial component. Let’s take a closer look at what Electronic Equipment Coverage entails and why it's essential for shopkeepers.
What Is Electronic Equipment Coverage
Part of the Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha Shopkeepers Package Policy, Electronic Equipment Coverage is designed to provide protection for the electronic devices and equipment used by shopkeepers in their daily operations. This coverage extends to a wide range of electronic assets, including point-of-sale (POS) systems, computers, security cameras, refrigeration equipment, and more. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under shopkeeper insurance policy.*#
What Are The Features of Electronic Equipment Coverage
Thes following are the features of the coverage in this general insurance
Electronic Equipment Coverage safeguards electronic equipment against a range of perils, including accidental damage, fire, theft, natural disasters, vandalism, and more. This ensures businesses are financially protected in case of damage or loss. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under shopkeeper insurance policy.*
In the event of damage, the policy covers the cost of repairing or replacing electronic equipment. This minimizes disruptions to business operations, ensuring shopkeepers can quickly get back to serving their customers. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under shopkeeper insurance policy.*
Premiums for this MSME insurance policy are typically budget-friendly, making it accessible, especially for small businesses. The cost may vary depending on factors like the total value of electronic equipment, location, and the extent of coverage. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under shopkeeper insurance policy.*
Assists In Smooth Operations
By protecting electronic equipment, this coverage ensures business operations can continue without significant downtime, preserving revenue and customer service. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under shopkeeper insurance policy.*
How Does It Benefit Your Business?
The factors listed below highlight the significance this coverage for your business:
Safeguarding Vital Assets
Electronic equipment is often essential to the operations of shopkeepers. POS systems, surveillance cameras, and other devices play a critical role in serving customers, maintaining inventory, and ensuring security. Protecting these assets is vital for continued business operations.
Minimising Financial Loss
Replacing or repairing electronic equipment can be financially burdensome for businesses. Electronic Equipment Coverage minimizes the financial risk associated with such expenses, ensuring you can recover quickly without straining your budget.
Electronic equipment is a linchpin of modern business operations. Ensuring this equipment is adequately protected allows you to maintain business continuity without any delays in providing good service to the customers.
What Is Included And Excluded?
The following things are covered under this coverage. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under shopkeeper insurance policy*:
- The electronic equipment used for the day-to-day functioning of the business is covered. This includes systems used for receiving and tracking orders, for payment, for display, and other similar purposes.
- The equipment which is used to store data from the business. They may include backup servers, internal and external hard-drives, servers, and other similar devices.
The following is not covered under this coverage*:
- Defective equipment being used at the time policy purchase
- Wear and tear due to the regular usage of the equipment
- Loss of data due to magnetic fields, faulty programming or Interruption in data transfer.
- Injuries caused while handling the equipment
- Cost of substitute equipment used temporarily
If due to some unfortunate circumstance, the electronic equipment inside your shop were to get damaged, you may follow the procedure below to claim compensation for the same:
- Inform your insurer after the damage has taken place. This can be done through their website or their helpline number
- Get in touch with the authorities. Depending on the cause of damage, you can reach out to either the police or to the fire department
- If there are items on the premises which can cause further damage, it is best to remove them from the area
- Evidence of the damage with photos and video (the insurer may ask for the same)
- The surveyor may visit to assess the damage and might collect additional information if required by the insurer.
- If all the requirements are met, the insurer will process your claim and the compensation will be credited to you
As you can see, the Electronic Equipment Coverage is an important part of the Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha Shopkeepers Package Policy. In an era where electronic equipment is integral to business operations, this coverage provides peace of mind and allows businesses to thrive, innovate, and serve customers more efficiently. The all-round coverage offered to businesses under this policy is more than one may find in a fire insurance policy they may purchase to protect their business.
*Standard T&C Apply
#Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.