Picture this, a group of four friends were eagerly waiting for the rainy season. They had made plans for every weekend. So they were out on the road with their backpacks loaded with snacks, some games and the electronic gear. The trip was planned for 2 days on a near-by hill station and the idea was to fit in as much sight-seeing as possible and, of course, clicking beautiful pictures. The journey began with the smashing hit songs of monsoon and, before long, all four began singing along. The breeze and the gentle rain added to the relaxing, fun-filled mood. When they approached the ghat section, the open windows of the car allowed the foggy clouds to pass through. They were literally on cloud nine! Suddenly, their journey came to a halt – all thanks to a flat tyre. Their situation worsened when they realized they did not have a spare tyre and that they are were far from the city, stranded at an unfamiliar location with no support available near-by. The happy, rejuvenating drive turned into an exhausting and worrisome situation. Has this ever happened to you? Do you think their trip was well-planned? Now there are a couple of things to consider in this situation:
- Getting a flat tyre on a rainy day is very common as the debris get stuck to the tyre and puncture it more often. Also having a spare tyre would have made the situation less worse.
- It could have been worse, if their engine had broken down, which is very common during heavy rains as water enters the engine compartment and brings the car to a complete halt.
Was there any way that they could have been prepared better? The answer, is yes. An insurance policy with 24 x 7 Spot Assistance would have made the situation trouble-free. Yes, you read it right. Our motor insurance
policy comes with a cover called 24x7 Spot Assistance. And here is what you should know about it:
- In case your insured car comes to standstill, then our Value Added Services (VAS) – 24 x 7 spot assistance cover offers you following benefits:
- Accident: In case of an accident, we offer you spot survey facility and assist you with the claim form documentation.
- Towing facility: You can reach out to us on our customer care number and we can provide you with towing facility and can get your vehicle to the nearest network garage of Bajaj Allianz.
- Accommodation benefit: If your car comes to a complete halt and it cannot be repaired within 12 hours from the time of reporting the incident then you can avail the accommodation benefit with 24x7 spot assistance add-on cover for your car insurance policy . If the incident has occurred beyond 100 Kms from the center point of the covered city and within 100 Kms of another covered city, then we provide overnight stay at INR 2000 per occupant per day up to INR 16,000 per policy year.
- Taxi benefit: If you need to continue your journey even after the incident, then we offer you taxi benefit anywhere up to 50 Kms from that spot
- Roadside assistance: We offer services like battery jump start, spare key pick-up & drop facility, flat tyre services and repair of minor mechanical/electrical parts in case you are stranded with a damaged car.
- Urgent message relays: We ensure that your relatives stay informed about your whereabouts and the current situation of your trip via SMS or a call. We can contact the alternative number that you have provided while purchasing the policy.
- Fuel assistance: In case you run out of fuel and your vehicle comes to a standstill, then we can assist you with fuel refill at your location for up to 3 litres on chargeable basis.
- Medical co-ordination: It might happen that you may get injured while your car breaks down, then in such a scenario, we help you locate a nearby medical center.
- Legal advice: We also render you with legal support for up to 30 minutes over the phone if needed.
- In case your insured two wheeler becomes immobilized, then you can avail the 24 x 7 spot assistance cover with our two wheeler long term policy with all the benefits mentioned above with slight changes:
- Fuel assistance: This service is available only two times per year and the quantity of fuel supplied reduces to 1 ltr per event.
- Taxi benefit: We provide taxi service to you for up to 40 Kms from the incident spot. Beyond 40 Kms the commutation expenses have to be borne by you.
- Accommodation benefit: In case your two wheeler becomes immobilized and cannot be repaired in 12 hours from the time of reporting the incident, you can avail the accommodation benefit offered as an add-on for 2 wheeler insurance . You can make use of this service once per year and up to INR 3000 per day for an overnight stay.
Monsoon is the best time to have fun and enjoy the rains with your friends and family. But your great time can come to halt anytime due to unexpected circumstances in the rainy season. Get our 24 x 7 spot assistance cover with the motor insurance policy and be assured of getting the help whenever and wherever required.