What is critical illness?
Critical illness is referred to as dread disease which falls under the predetermined list as a part of an insurance policy. A critical illness policy is contracted to the policyholder and is made a lump sum cash payment when the policyholder is diagnosed with one of the specific illnesses. It is also known as critical illness cover.
Critical illness insurance
cover offers financial security against various life-threatening diseases. The list of critical illnesses covered is given by the company where it ensures the coverage of all the expenses which are incurred if a person is suffering from severe health conditions.
This cover has been designed especially to give protection against several life-threatening diseases or sicknesses. These types of health insurance
covers ensure that the diseases do not burn a hole in our pocket.
Therefore, it would be a smart move to add a critical illness cover or insurance to your health insurance policy. Some of the major examples of critical illness are kidney failure, heart attack, paralysis, cancer, and many more. Below is the list of critical illnesses for which the company significantly offers to pay the expenses of the patient with serious health problems.
List of 36 critical illnesses
The 36 critical illnesses are as follows.
- Heart attack
- Heart valve replacement because of abnormalities or defects in the body.
- Aorta surgery with the help of laparotomy or thoracotomy.
- Kidney failure
- Major transplantation of an organ such as heart, kidney, lungs, liver, or bone marrow
- Fulminant viral hepatitis which is massive necrosis of the liver caused by a virus that may lead to a liver failure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Primary pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Paralysis with the complete and permanent loss of one or all the limbs or is also known as paraplegia
- Permanent or total deafness
- Permanent or total blindness
- The permanent loss of speech
- Parkinson’s diseases
- Degenerative brain disorder or Alzheimer’s disease
- Third-degree burns or major burns on the body covering at least 20% surface of the body
- Terminal illness
- Motor neuron disease
- Chronic lung disease
- Chronic liver disease
- A major head trauma
- Muscle dystrophy
- Chronic persistent bone marrow failure which leads to anemia
- Benign brain tumor
- Bacterial meningitis due to an inflammation of brain membranes or the spinal cord
- Craniotomy or brain surgery
- Full-blown AIDS
- AIDS contracted by medical staff, where it is caused due to an injury or an exposure to the contaminated blood
- If the victim has contracted AIDS due to the blood transfusion when receiving infective blood
- The universal necrosis of the brain cortex or Apallic syndrome
- Various other serious coronary heart diseases are caused due to the narrowing of the lumen of the three major arteries- the Circumflex, RCA (right coronary artery), LAD (Left Anterior Descending artery.
The above-mentioned diseases fall under the category of critical illness insurance. If the person wants to claim this insurance, they should have their diseases verified with blood tests, MRI, or a CT scan as per the requirement. It must be done under the supervision of a certified medical professional. With all these procedures, the factor of transparency is a must. Wherein, it is essential to disclose any existing illness, deficiency, or disorder that the person might be suffering from during that time period.
What is critical illness?
Critical illness is related to the serious health condition of a person. Here, the individual’s lifestyle is affected due to the considerable cost of the serious illness. Critical illness cover comes to their rescue here.
It is beneficial to those who are willing to take no chances with several health-conditions, specifically when they have a medical history. This type of health plan can provide financial security at a time when the person is unable to bear the cost of the incurred expenses due to the critical illness.
What is critical illness insurance?
It is the product that provides a lump sum amount of money to the policyholder in cases of specific serious illness on a predefined list that is a part of the policy. It also offers additional coverage for medical emergencies like heart attacks or cancer.
The advantage of this policy is that it comes at a relatively less cost. It aids in covering the exorbitant costs of treating serious and life-threatening illnesses.
What are the benefits of health insurance plans?
To invest in a health insurance plan is a wise choice indeed. The many benefits of the health insurance plans
are: it proves to be an optimum cover for health-related issues where all the expenses are covered by the company in the form of cashless treatment or the pre-and post-hospitalization of the patient.
It also provides financial safety against all the rising medical costs. The profitable deals and the more benefits which are given to the young buyer are a bonus of this health cover. The insurance cover is also responsible for covering additional protection over and above the employer cover.