Travel insurance is as important as any other travel accessory you would need while planning a trip overseas. Travel-related risks can be many and the cost of securing yourself against these risks is relatively small. For instance, if in an unfortunate event of hospitalization in a foreign country, the expenses can be huge. But if you have a travel insurance plan, the policy will take care of the financial burden of the illness.In addition to medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation, you can also make a claim on your travel insurance in case of loss of checked-in baggage, delay in baggage, personal accident, loss of passport, trip delay or hijack. In fact, Bajaj Allianz also offers a cover for golf tournaments in foreign countries. The most important aspect of claim settlement in travel insurance is coordinating with the hospitals and local service providers in the foreign country. This is where a large network of international assistance companies or partners comes in handy. Bajaj Allianz has a network of assistance companies in over 30 countries that enable medical assistance, claims process, repatriation and evacuation service and other services. In countries where a partner is not present, Bajaj Allianz directly coordinates with hospitals and other service providers to resolve a claimant’s query, request (for evacuation or repatriation) and claim.
Bajaj Allianz Advantage Bajaj Allianz is the only private general insurer in India to have an in-house team for handling travel claims. This provides the following benefits to the customer:
- International toll-free phone and fax number
- 24×7 availability
- Direct relationship with the customer and direct communication with hospitals in case of requirement of documents
- Quick settlement of travel insurance claims
- Faster resolution of dispute and faster decision making on admissibility of claims
- A travel policy claim is intimated by the customer through an international toll-free number which lands at the call center in India. In case, a call cannot be made, the claim can be intimated through email.
- On receiving the claim intimation, an itrack is generated, which in turn automatically triggers a mail to the claimant informing them of the claim process, the necessary documents required, and provides them with the claim form and other forms required. The same mail is also sent to the hospital in case of medical exigencies.
- A mail is also sent to the email id of the claims team so that contact details of the claimant can be verified.
- Intimate the insurer as soon as the loss occurs. The service provider would be able to advise you about how to proceed further.
- Ensure that you provide correct details in the proposal form and disclose all information on existing health conditions.
- Provide complete documentation at the time of submission of claims, as per the requirements listed in the travel kit.
- For faster and direct credit of your claim amount, provide NEFT details to the insurer.