Often when we get stuck while driving through floods we panic and force through the water. Instead you need to stay calm and follow these instructions.
Situation One: Water Level Is Above Tyre Level
- When water level is above the tyre level it's no use forcing your car through the flood. You have to simply stop driving
Situation Two: Vehicle Is Submerged In Flood Water
- You need to shift to the first gear
- To avoid the silencer from getting blocked by water, press the accelator to increase the engine RPM
- If you wish to reduce the speed of your car, it's best to use the clutch and avoid reducing engine speed
- After you pass through the flooded area, continue to accelerate the engine so that the silencer cleans up
Situation Three: Water Level Is below Tyre Height
- Never start the vehicle by any means. This can cause severe damage to the engine
- Let an expert technician inspect the damages, transmission, electrical and electronic components
Situation Four: Vehicle Has Been Submerged In Water For Long
- Replace all the lubricants and fluid
- Check for proper operations and mechanisms
- Apply anti-rust and anti-fungal spray for it's restoration
Feel free to share your suggestions in the comments section.