You finally bought that car for yourself after a lot of research. You did the same kind of research to buy the car insurance too and now you feel safe and secure. One fine day, your car meets with an accident and you are sure that your claim would be accepted. But guess what? It gets rejected.
Claim rejection can bring in a lot of stress and agony along with the financial crunch that you need to go through to pay for the claims from your own pocket. It is imperative to follow the insurance claim
process but there might be other causes leading to your claim not going through. Let us discuss the 10 reasons why an insurance claim gets rejected, to ensure that you never feel this stress:
- Delay in intimation: Once the accident happens, it is important to inform the insurance company about the accident. Every insurance company has a predefined time in which you need to tell them. If you fail to inform them in time, the insurance claim might get rejected.
- Concealing the modifications: Once you buy the car you wish to make some modifications to make it unique. Be it engine alterations or change in the alloy wheels, you need to inform your insurer. If you haven’t, chances are that your claim would get rejected.
- Lapsed policy: It is important to renew your car insurance policy on time. If you fail to do so and an accident occurs in that period then your claim will be rejected. Therefore it’s important to pay your premium set reminders for timely car insurance renewal .
- Driving without license: It is mandatory to have a driving license to drive a car. Failing to do so you would be made to pay a fine of Rs 5000. In case of an accident when you don’t have a valid driving license, your claim would be rejected.
- Driving when intoxicated: If you are drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time of your accident, you will not only have to pay a fine Rs 10,000 and/or face imprisonment for 6 months, your claim will be rejected straightaway.
- Consequential damages: If you deliberately cause damage to your car then your insurance company will not provide you with any sort of coverage for it. For example, if you drive on flooded streets knowing that your car will suffer a hydrostatic loss, you are not eligible to claim your insurance.
- Damage by wear and tear: If you have claimed an insurance for the natural wear and tear of your car over a period of time, your claim will be rejected.
- Misusing personal car for commercial use: If it is discovered that you are using your personal vehicle for commercial use at the time of accident, the insurance claim will be rejected. There is separate insurance for commercial vehicles and you need to buy that for commercial use.
- Ignoring the terms and conditions: When you buy your insurance policy there are some terms and conditions that you need to follow. For instance, if you fill in your car with weight much greater than its carrying capacity and meet with an accident, your claim will be considered baseless.
- Raising a false claim: If you wish to make some quick money by presenting a false claim it would be out rightly rejected. Stay true to your claims and claim only when something has happened to your car.
Now that you know about the reasons why your claims can be rejected, don’t forget to switch to the best car insurance plan. We have easy online car insurance policy
purchase & renewal facility, have tie up with 4000+ garages, zero depreciation, 24x7 spot assistance and motor on-the-spot.
Stay safe and buy Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy today!