The festival of colors is almost here. A festival that is celebrated with great fervent, enthusiasm and marks the beginning of the triumph of good over evil. Holi is indeed a festival that brings along so much fun, prosperity, happiness, and hope for a vibrant tomorrow.
It also brings in lip-smacking dishes and drinks that are enjoyed with family and friends. For the last two years, the celebration was somewhat shadowed because of the ongoing pandemic.
We have prepared a list of some handy tips that should be followed and have a safe Holi celebration in 2022:
- Prepping Up: Before you start playing with colors, apply sunscreen specifically on the areas that are exposed like your face and arms. A quick tip would be to oil your body and hair. This helps to rinse off the colors immediately when you go out for a shower.
- Try Staying Indoors: Amidst the celebration, it is better to stay indoors. Do not go out and get into the crowd. The chances of contracting the virus are more when you are out in a crowded space.
- Use Masks and Sanitizers: It's important to adhere to the protocols. While stepping out do not forget to wear your masks. Use hand sanitizers from time to time.
- Play with Organic Colors: To play a safe Holi, it is highly recommended to use herbal and organic colors. Chemical-based colors may affect your eyes or lead to any skin allergy.
- If Unwell Avoid Going Out: In case you or any of your family members aren’t keeping well refrain from going outside and meeting people. It’s important to observe your health and consult a doctor if need be.
- Remain Hydrated: In all celebrations often we ignore our health. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water at regular intervals.
- Use Protective Eyeglasses: To protect your eyes from colors it is better to wear eyeglasses. This would ensure that colors do not reach the eyes and cause any harm. Also, it's suggested not to wear contact lenses while celebrating Holi.
- Do Not Over Eat: Festivals are a time when delicacies are prepared at home. So it’s important to understand that you do not overeat which may lead to digestion issues.
The Bottom Line
An emergency can occur at any point in time. So, keep a first aid kit handy. Play a safe and colorful Holi.
If your pet is around while playing Holi, keep the pet away from artificial colors as it is not good for their fun and skin. You should also prevent your pet from licking any surface area that is stained by any colors. Ensure that you have a pet dog insurance
policy that will take care of any uncalled emergency expenses.
*Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.