Why Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance?
While forming a Two Wheeler Insurance policy, Bajaj Allianz takes into consideration all things that may affect a customer's beloved two wheeler and makes that its base. With its all-inclusive policies and well thought out features, it guarantees to provide a package bike insurance cover. With the introduction of our Two Wheeler Long-Term policy, it has become even more practical to purchase an insurance policy with us, as it needs to be renewed only once in three years.
What is Two Wheeler Long-Term Insurance Policy?
We realize that you have a lot to remember on a daily basis and we don't want your Two Wheeler Insurance renewal to be one of those things; which is why we have introduced a feature to our Bike Insurance policy, where you can purchase it for an extended period of time (two or three years) to avoid the hassle of going through the renewal process time and time again. This insurance policy is convenient and, at the same time, lets you enjoy additional benefits.
The Long-Term Two Wheeler policy covers you against damages that your bike or scooter may incur due to any unforeseen events. You also do not have to worry about the exceptionally high costs that may arise due to damages caused to your bike by the occurrence of an accident, natural disaster and so on. Simply purchase our two wheeler Insurance once and stay worry-free for 3 consecutive years.
Key Benefits of Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Transfer up to 50% of your existing No Claim Bonus (NCB) from any Bike Insurance provider while purchasing our Bike Insurance online
- Avail our 24x7 Call Assistance for claims support and other assistance, even on holidays
- In case your Two Wheeler Insurance policy has expired, no inspection of your bike is required if the policy is renewed online
- Get covered for upto 3 years when you purchase your Two Wheeler Insurance Policy, so that you're spared the hassle of remembering the renewal date every year and remain free from any annual renewal procedures
- Avoid third party premium rate hikes and increase in service taxes that occur almost every year, making sure that you don't face an increase in expenditure during the policy period
- In case of a claim during your policy period, the No Claim Bonus (NCB) reduces but does not become nil, unlike in the case of a regular two wheeler annual policy.
Basic covers offered by your Two Wheeler Insurance
- Loss or damage to your two wheeler due to natural calamities: Your bike insurance policy covers damage caused due to fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide and rockslide
- Loss or damage to your two wheeler due to other unforeseen events: Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious acts, terrorist activities and any damage due to accidental external meansis covered by Bajaj Allianz's two wheeler Insurance
- Personal Accident Cover: Any bike insurance provides for coverage of Rs.1 lakh for the owner/driver of the vehicle while driving or travelling and mounting or dismounting from the two wheeler. Optional personal accident covers for pillion riders/unnamed hirers are also available with our two wheeler insurance policies
- Third Party Legal Liability: Protection against legal liability due to accidental damages resulting in the permanent injury or death of a person. Damage caused to the Third party's property is also covered under our two wheeler Insurance policy
Add-on cover - 24X7 Spot Assistance
A lot of times people overlook add-on covers that an Insurance company offers, simply because they consider them to be additional expenses. However, these covers are designed to help save money while making claims and, also cover expenses to replace bike parts, to a great extent. Our long-term two wheeler policy comes with a 24X7 Spot assistance add-on cover, offering you complete protection against several occurrences such as Flat battery, Spare keys, Flat tyre, etc. and providing you benefits like minor repairs, fuel assistance, taxi benefits, accommodation benefits, legal advice, towing facilities, etc. So when you are purchasing your two wheeler insurance policy online please select whichever add-on covers you may require.
For more information please refer to the brochure in the tools section.
Comparison: Two Wheeler Long-Term Insurance vs Regular Two Wheeler Insurance
|Features||Long-Term Two Wheeler Insurance
(Two or Three years)
|Two Wheeler Insurance
|Renewal frequency||Once in Two or Three years||Once every year|
|Coverage period||Two or Three years||One year|
|Premium hikes||No effect in the TP premium during the policy period||Increase in the TP premium every year|
|NCB benefit||Additional benefit at the time of renewal||As per tariff|
|NCB benefit after a claim||NCB gets reduced but does not become nil||NCB become zero after one claim|
|Mid-term cancellation refund||Proportional refund provision even after a claim during the policy period for the uninitiated policy years||No refund in case of any claim|
Exclusions on your Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
It is important to read and understand all exclusions while purchasing a Two Wheeler Insurance, to avoid any unpleasant shocks during your policy period. The exclusions under this scheme are:
- Normal wear and tear and general ageing of the vehicle i.e. depreciation.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Vehicles being used otherwise, than in accordance with the limitations 'as to use', specified in the Insurance policy.
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle without a valid license.
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs, liquor or any other intoxicant.
- Loss/damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk.
- Loss or damage to accessories due to burglary, house breaking or theft unless the vehicle is stolen at the same time
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time, in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement for the same.
Two Wheeler Insurance Claim process
Irrespective of whether your two wheeler has a minor accident or a major breakdown, you would prefer to go for a short and easy two wheeler Insurance claim process rather than a long and cumbersome one; which is why we have reduced it to three simple steps:
Register your claim with us
You would need to register a claim as soon as possible (online or on paper) following an accident/theft of your two wheeler.
1. To register your two wheeler Insurance claim online:
Visit this page http://general.bajajallianz.com/BagicNxt/MotClaims/index.jsp
2. To register your claim over the phone :
Dial our Toll free number - 1800-209-5858, post which you will be connected to our customer care executive who will guide you with the entire two wheeler Insurance claim process.
Please keep the following information handy:
- Engine and Chassis Number
- Accident date and time
- Description and location of the accident
- Two wheeler inspection address
- Km. reading
- Police complaint, in case of theft
Please note that in case of theft, you would need to file a police complaint as soon as possible, so that when you are registering a claim with us, you are able to produce the same along with the other crucial documents.
Send your two wheeler for repair, if applicable
Whether your two wheeler is vandalized, meets with a collision, or gets damaged by some peril, you need to take it to the garage if it is in a movable condition or have it towed there to avoid any further damage.
Final step for claim settlement
You will have to submit copies of all the required documents to us for the claim settlement and get them verified with the originals. Do note that you will have to pay the excess amount according to the norms mentioned in your policy that include depreciation amount, salvage, etc. which will be informed to you by our surveyor.