Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
Health insurance policy gives you access to the best medical care and treatment while being financially protected. In case of a health emergency, your mediclaim health care policy guarantees peace of mind and ensures that you and your family are protected from medical expenses while receiving the best treatment at a hospital of your choice.
Policyholders can avail multiple benefits like pre and post hospitalization expenses, cashless treatment, room rent,ambulance charges, and much more. The health insurance premium amount mainly depends on the sum insured amount as well as the number of members covered under the health insurance policy.
Bajaj Allianz offers a range of affordable health insurance plans. Health insurance plans by Bajaj Allianz are custom made to protect you against the rising healthcare costs. We have the highest claim settlement ratio among private insurers.We also have health insurance plans for all categories like:
- Health Insurance for Individuals
- Health Insurance for Family
- Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
- Women Specific Health Insurance Policy
- Personal Accident Health Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz health insurance is known for its unique features and its services to the customers. At Bajaj Allianz, we understand the value of the customer’s time as well as money, which is proven by the fact that the average claim settlement time taken by us averages at around 1 hour, one of the fastest in the entire industry. Another key aspect is the pricing of Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans, which is very competitive even though it is loaded with all the latest features and coverages.
Scroll below to know more about our health insurance policies.
Health Insurance Policies
Why Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- More than 1.4 lakhs Health Insurance claims processed successfully in 2015-16.
- Cashless claims facility at over 5700+ hospitals and 1500+ diagnostic clinics across the country.
- Average health insurance claim settlement time of 1 hour.
- Value Added Service (VAS) partners providing special offers exclusively for our health insurance customers.
- 24/7 call assistance for claims settlement.
- In-house Health Administration Team (HAT)
- One of the top health insurance service provider in the country
- Maximum coverage at a very affordable price
- Easy to buy/renew online insurance policies
Health Insurance Helps You Save Your Tax
Health insurance by Bajaj Allianz helps you save tax up to Rs. 60000/- under Sec 80D against the premium paid for your policies. You can save tax as follows:
- On the premium paid for self, spouse, children and parents, the deduction can be availed up to Rs 25,000 per annum, provided the age of the individual is not above 60
- If the premium paid by an individual is towards a health policy for his or her parents who are senior citizens of age 60 or more, the maximum health insurance benefit is capped at Rs 30,000
- A taxpayer may therefore maximize tax benefit under section 80D to a total of Rs 55,000 if his age is below 60 and when the parents age is above 60
- For those tax payer individuals who are of age 60 or more and are also paying health insurance premium for their parents, the maximum tax benefit under section 80D would therefore be a total of Rs 60,000
Components of a Health Insurance Policy
- Sum Insured : Simply put, this is the amount of cover that one can opt for. This is the maximum amount up to which the insured can get benefits in the event of a medical claim during a single policy year. How this works: Let us suppose that you take a cover for 5 lakhs sum insured. At the time of making a claim, if you use only 2 lakhs of that cover, then the remaining 3 lakhs can still be used by you during the remaining policy period.
- Premium : This is the amount paid to insurance company when you purchase a health insurance policy. The premium to a great extent depends on the sum insured you have chosen, apart from other factors like your age, medical condition and physical fitness at the time of taking the policy.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses : Most health policies also compensate you for expenses that you would incur prior to getting hospitalized for a treatment, as well as for the recovery treatment post being discharged. These are for consultations, medicines, investigations, etc. related to the illness for which hospitalization has occurred. The duration for which this cover is given should be checked while you are taking the policy.
- Deductible : This is a fixed amount which the insured needs to first bear for each claim. The insurance company’s liability starts over and above this amount.
- Ambulance Charges : This is an additional benefit offered by most health insurance policies. It compensates you for the charges that you incur when availing an ambulance service in case of an emergency to take the patient from home to hospital or from one hospital to another. The amount of cover provided differs from policy to policy.
- Day-Care procedures : Due to growing medical advancement, certain surgical procedures do not require 24 hours of hospitalization (the basic requirement when one needs to avail a health insurance claim for treatment). These are called day-care procedures and these days health policies cover many such procedures as well, which is an added benefit.
- Network Hospitals : Most insurance companies empanel, or tie-up with hospitals across the country to provide better medical services to their customers during their time of need. These hospitals are referred to as network hospitals. The advantage of getting treatment in these hospitals is that one can avail cashless facility. It is necessary that the insurance company is informed of the hospitalization so that they can authorize the hospital to not charge the customer.
- In-House Claims Team v/s Third Party Assistance (TPA) : The insurance company’s own claim settlement team is called an in-house claims team, while TPA refers to outsourced claims team. An in-house claims team enables the insurance company to directly deal with health insurance claims and provide the customer better service.
Other Health Insurance Plans
Health Care Supreme
Health insurance plan which will take care of the medical expenses at every stage of your life
Hospital Cash Policy guards you and your family from increased financial burden during hospitalization.
Health insurance policy exclusively designed for senior citizens, covering medical expenses
Provides a gamut of covers for various health risks, household contents, education grant.
The Health Ensure policy is the perfect health protection for you and your family.
Bajaj Allianz has designed a unique product - The Tax Gain plan, a Family floater health policy.
The accidental death or injury of a breadwinner, can create serious financial problems for the family.
Critical Illness for Women
The perfect health insurance plan for every woman.
Premium Personal Guard
PPG is a premium accident cover with sum insured up to Rs. 25 lacs.
Awards and Recognitions
Economic Times Best Corporate Brand Award
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance was conferred the Economic Times Best Corporate Brand Award as an outcome of Economic Times Best Brands Survey 2016, identifying the company as one of the best brands according to the consumers in urban India.
Best General Insurance Company 2015
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance awarded Best General Insurance Company at the Vijayavani BFSI Excellence Awards 2015 to recognize the best-of-the-best practices of the BFSI industry based on strategy, customer service, security, future technological challenges and innovations.