Your Time of need is our moment of TruthWe all face the test of time and it is often difficult to cope with. Helping you in every way we can, we have prepared a simpler, easier and faster claim process, so your policy is by your side when it matters the most. Making sure that when you can't wait, you don't have to, we provide the following features:
- In the unlikely event that a claim settlement is delayed beyond 30 days, we pay a 10.5% interest for every day's delay
- We settle 87.89%* of all claims directly, via electronic transfer, so claim money reaches where it's needed faster
When we promise you a worry free life, we do all that we can to deliver it.
*As on FY 2014-15
Awards and Recognition
- "Best Insurance Company in private sector" at the IPE Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) 2013.
- Organization of the Year by SKOCH Financial Inclusion Award 2013
- SKOCH Financial Inclusion Award 2012 for contribution towards financial inclusion through life insurance
Claim ProcessLife Insurance Claim Process
- Visit the nearest branch with all mandatory documents as mentioned in the list.
- On submission of the mandatory documents ,the claim will be intimated in the Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance system by branch personnel
- A bar coded claim form will be generated at the branch which needs to be filled by claimant/nominee/appointee/assignee
- Once all the documents are submitted, the claim will be moved for further processing
- To know the status of your claim , kindly go to Claim Status
- Call our toll free number 1800 - 209 - 7272 for any queries
Mandatory documents to be submitted for notification of Claim
1: Death Claim
- Intimation Letter from the nominee.
- Original Death Certificate issued by Births and Death Registrar.
- ID proof & Address proof of nominee (original required for verification at Bajaj Branch Office)
- Cancelled cheque/ NEFT form / Bank pass Book Copy of nominee.
- If any nominee submits Bank Pass book of a Grameen Bank even if it has IFSC code of a nationalized bank, Please submit an alternate Bank Passbook Copy other than a Grameen Bank. A/c should be NEFT enabled.
- If claimant submits Bank Pass book copy which has an A/c limit, please submit an alternate Bank pass book or increase the Limit based on the Sum Assured mentioned in your policy bond.
- Please ensure to submit the Bank Passbook Copy / Cancelled Cheque (name of the nominee should be mentioned on it)/ NEFT Form (signed and attested by the bank) is mandatory.
- Original Policy Bond.
2: If Death is Unnatural
Unnatural (Accidental /Suicide /Murder/Snake Bite etc) below mentioned documents to be submitted along with the mandatory documents mentioned Part I
- First Information Report ( FIR )
- Post-Mortem report (PMR)
- Viscera/Chemical Analysis report
- Police Final report /Inquest report
- Judicial Magistrate Final Verdict on Police Final Report (in case opinion on cause of Death is mentioned as pending in the PMR.
- News Paper Cutting which mentions the incident.
3: Rider Claim
- Intimation Letter from the Life Assured.
- Discharge Summary/Hospital Bills /Case Sheets( Diagnosis)
- Pan Card
- ID proof & Address proof of Life Assured (original required for verification at Bajaj Branch Office)
- Cancelled cheque/ NEFT form / Bank pass Book Copy. IFSC code mandatory same is a NEFT payout (Please refer to details in Part I)
- Photograph of Life Assured incase of a Partial /Total Permanent Disability Claim.
- First Information Report (FIR) to be submitted in case of Partial /Total Permanent Disability Claim caused due to accident.
Life Insurance Claim Forms
Claim Forms shall be available on request. For claim forms please visit any nearest Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Branch. To locate our nearest branch, please Click Here.
Get Claim Status
Is your claim already registered with us? Please check your claim status online.
Reach Us - Claims
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Ltd.
GE Plaza, Airport Road, Yerawada, Pune 411 006.
BSNL: 1800- 233- 7272
TATA: 1800- 209- 7272
BHARTI: 1800- 103- 7272
Toll Free No.
For online policy issuance/ renewal
Tel.: 1800- 209- 7272
Standard STD Rates Apply:
Tel.: (+91 020) 66026777
Fax: (+91 020) 66026789
- Whether death in a terrorist attack is covered?
Covered for Basic benefit in all scenarios , except for some exclusions for accidental death benefit (if availed) if death happens in a area declared as disturbed area.
- Whether Death In Natural Calamities i.e. Tsunami , Earth quake , Flash Floods etc is covered?
Covered in all scenarios for both , Basic Benefit and Accidental Death Benefit(if availed).
- Whether Loss of policy bond result into non -settlement of claim amount?
No. Claims are settled with some additional documentation.
- If coverage during Foreign Travel / Stay is available?
For basic benefit no restriction of foreign travel or stay is imposed. Under Accidental Death benefit ( if availed ) may be subjected to few restrictions.
- Whether claim can re-applied again if decision is not satisfactory?
Yes. Fresh application may be sent to Claims Review Committee for re-evaluation.Communication address is provided to all claimants in Repudiation / Rejection Letters.
- Received death benefit on the policy of my late __________. Am I entitled for any tax benefits on this?
Yes, the death benefits received by nominee are exempt from tax as per 10 (10D) of Income Tax Act.
- What is the procedure when there is no nomination or in case of nomineeA person or firm into whose name the policy is transferred in order to facilitate transactions, while leaving the customer as the actual owner's death?
In such circumstances, it is termed as "Open Title" situation. The company would require the proof of title / succession certificate issued by the competent court. The claim Notification to an insurance company that payment of an amount is due under the terms of the policy. would be paid to the person specified in the said proof. The succession certificate should specifically provide orders for disbursement of policy monies. If, however, the deceased has left a Will, a probate of the Will is required along with the copy of the Will.